Does your cat(s) stare at you? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default Does your cat(s) stare at you?

Tuxie likes to stare at my roommate... I really mean stare! Like this .. when he sits on our couch, she positions herself so she is right in front of him (but on the floor) and just stares at him. If he tries to cover his face so Tuxie can't see, she will move but to a position where she can see my roommate's face and starts to stare again. Is this odd? I actually found it cute She never stare at me though .
badet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Willis stares at me when I am ignoring him. This usually happens when I am preparing dinner. He will climb on the kitchen table (bad kitty) to get closer to eye level with me and he will just sit and stare at me while I am prepping/cooking food. He is probably thinking "If cooking dinner is more important than petting me she better at least share what she makes". His stare is really priceless...it is that "pet me or die" stare or that "I'm plotting your demise" stare.

Proud mother of 2 furry children - Willis and Chester.
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so."
-Mark Twain
manitu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Only at 4am in the morning, meowing for breakfast. I wake up to see him sat there at the end of my bed staring straight at me and making lots of noise

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
melysion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Mine only stare when they want something; play or petting... If they want food, it is usually Mousie who will come get me (meowing) to tell me it is time for canned food, please, now, me-ooowwww!

When I look back at them, they will either blink or look at the thing they want. Or in Mousie's case, she'll run down the hall with her tail "hooked" to see if I am following her to the kitchen.
She has to SHOW me where the canned food cans are sitting...
Heidi n Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
in Mousie's case, she'll run down the hall with her tail "hooked" to see if I am following her to the kitchen.
Toby does thattt. As soon as I get out of bed in the morning he goes trotting into the kitchen with his little tail in the air

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
melysion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Taz will stare into my eyes at every chance he gets. He will talk to me at the same time, in fact we carry on a conversation.

Simba will stare at my husband.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
Mine only stare when they want something; play or petting... If they want food, it is usually Mousie who will come get me (meowing) to tell me it is time for canned food, please, now, me-ooowwww!

When I look back at them, they will either blink or look at the thing they want. Or in Mousie's case, she'll run down the hall with her tail "hooked" to see if I am following her to the kitchen.
she was training you oh how to get her food!
badet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cat Addict

My housemate in grad school had a cat, Autumn, who used to sit and stare whenever she wanted something. If her food or water dish was empty she wouldn't meow or anything, she'd just come up to you and stare and stare until you worked out what it was she wanted. I swear it was like she was trying to communicate telepathicly.

One afternoon I was sitting at my computer when Autumn sat by me and started staring. "What is it? Do you need food?" I asked. I got up to check on her food and water bowl and found them both full. "You've got food and water already," I told her, then turned around to find her sitting in the computer chair I'd just vacated.

Guess I know what she wanted.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Miss Chloe will stare at me when she wants to play, she will come in and sit down right in front of me and just sit there and stare. Willie and Buddy are not like that. Now, if the food dish is low they will sit in front of it waiting for it to be filled.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry
Miss Chloe will stare at me when she wants to play, she will come in and sit down right in front of me and just sit there and stare.
Mew does that too; when she thinks I have been busy for too long and should be playing with her, she will sit and stare at me. If she gets no response she will either touch my arm or leg with her paw, or utter a plaintive meow.

Isis does not stare, but she has an amazing variety of really weird vocalizations to express her boredom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement