How long do your cat tree's last? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
I really like the sisal too, and i've read really good things about it. I just wonder if Rocky would like it because it seems like cat's sometimes can be rather particular about the material their cat tree is made out of, maybe not. I just really love the height of the tree because it goes all the up to the ceiling and Rocky LOVES to climb and he loves high heights. TimeBandit, i think it's great that you have so many tree's for your girl's I didn't even notice the picture, maybe it didn't load the first time, but your cat area looks amazing! Do your cat's like the butterfly cube, just out of curiosity? I really like your big tree though, nice!
Thanks! We live a small one bedroom apartment, so I wanted to set the cats up near lots of windows, and along the wall like that just seemed to work. Samantha loves the butterfly box, and sleeps in there several hours each day. Alice will use it occasionally. Rochelle used it a few times when we first got it, but she doesn't now.

Not to hijack the thread, but these were taken shortly after Alice was introduced to the other girls.

Alice and Rochelle staring each other down...

Alice thinks the box should be flipped THIS way! (Yes, she really did flip the box over on her own...she's a strong little thing!)

Whack-A-Chelle!

And Rochelle has had enough of the kitten! XD

Bri: Mommy to Samantha, Alice, Jules, and Edgar the Tarantula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Bandit View Post
Thanks! We live a small one bedroom apartment, so I wanted to set the cats up near lots of windows, and along the wall like that just seemed to work. Samantha loves the butterfly box, and sleeps in there several hours each day. Alice will use it occasionally. Rochelle used it a few times when we first got it, but she doesn't now.

Not to hijack the thread, but these were taken shortly after Alice was introduced to the other girls.

Alice and Rochelle staring each other down...

Alice thinks the box should be flipped THIS way! (Yes, she really did flip the box over on her own...she's a strong little thing!)

Whack-A-Chelle!

And Rochelle has had enough of the kitten! XD
I love these pics!!! I was just curious about the cube because i've seen cubes very similarly to the one you have, and i just wondered if cat's really like them or not. I guess ultimately it depends upon the cat, just like with everything else. lol The cube is very cute though and i really love the pic sequence Do you have other beds for your cat's? I'm thinking about getting Rocky one some time soon, for now he just snuggles up with my blankets, including the very expensive one my husband's mom gave us and of course he loves the really expensive one. lol
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Cool Cat

I still have both Apollo's kitten tree and the big Amarkat tree. The Armarkat is still in perfect condition (I love that brand) but the cheap little kitten tree's sisal rope is pretty torn up after a year. I keep it around because the cats still seem to enjoy it though.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Cat Addict

I have 1 Armarkat Premium one I got about about a year ago. I think the model's been discontinued. There is one corner at the base, they are tearing apart more than anywhere else so I may rotate it, but the rest of the cat tree looks great.

They also now have the wall shelves so that take the strain off of the tree also. With 4 cats the kitty furniture needs all the help it can get.

DweamGoiL

Last edited by dweamgoil; 07-23-2011 at 03:22 PM.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitenyo View Post
I still have both Apollo's kitten tree and the big Amarkat tree. The Armarkat is still in perfect condition (I love that brand) but the cheap little kitten tree's sisal rope is pretty torn up after a year. I keep it around because the cats still seem to enjoy it though.
Everyone seems to love Amarkat At least i know for the future if i decide to stray away from the one i'm currently using, i can get an Amarkat and Rocky is sure to love it and the tree will last
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think those are really good ideas I'm sure it's much cheaper to make the replacement of the parts yourself vs buying a whole new tree, although for me, i don't think you can beat 40 dollars. lol
A replacement for my scratching post was about $25 - $30, the 100 foot roll of 1/4 inch sisal can be purchased for under $10, less per foot if you buy a bigger roll.
All you need is a heavy duty staple gun , preferably narrow crown to secure the end.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

[QUOTE=dweamgoil;784457]I have 1 Armarkat Premium one I got about about a year ago. I think the model's been discontinued. There is one corner at the base, they are tearing apart more than anywhere else so I may rotate it, but the rest of the cat tree looks great.

They also now have the wall shelves so that take the strain off of the tree also. With 4 cats the kitty furniture needs all the help it can get.[/QUOTE

Wow, with 4 cat's, Rocky's tree would hardly last a month or so. lol What about getting a sisal tree, apparently those are built to last like other posters are commenting on.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooncatbob View Post
A replacement for my scratching post was about $25 - $30, the 100 foot roll of 1/4 inch sisal can be purchased for under $10, less per foot if you buy a bigger roll.
All you need is a heavy duty staple gun , preferably narrow crown to secure the end.
Well, it's cheaper, but i would also have to be willing to do the manual labor or have my husband do it; so, based on that for my personal preference, i'll probably continue to just purchase him a new tree from Walmart every 6 months or so. But, if i'm ever feeling compelled, i know that i'm able to replace things for cheaper and i appreciate your input I've heard of people just making their own tree's, for that matter.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
I love these pics!!! I was just curious about the cube because i've seen cubes very similarly to the one you have, and i just wondered if cat's really like them or not. I guess ultimately it depends upon the cat, just like with everything else. lol The cube is very cute though and i really love the pic sequence Do you have other beds for your cat's? I'm thinking about getting Rocky one some time soon, for now he just snuggles up with my blankets, including the very expensive one my husband's mom gave us and of course he loves the really expensive one. lol
Yup, I've got several cat beds strewn about the place. They've all been $10 or less, but the cats love them. Samantha uses them the most, and Alice does sometimes.

Some pics:

They also love blankets, and I've got blankets on chairs and windowsills for them to snooze on as well.

The great thing about Armarkat trees, is how affordable they are. My big tree there was around $75 dollars (like $95 total shipped). It's very sturdy, and can handle three cats chasing each other up and down it at high speed. I'd buy another Armarkat again in the future.

Bri: Mommy to Samantha, Alice, Jules, and Edgar the Tarantula
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Bandit View Post
Yup, I've got several cat beds strewn about the place. They've all been $10 or less, but the cats love them. Samantha uses them the most, and Alice does sometimes.

Some pics:

They also love blankets, and I've got blankets on chairs and windowsills for them to snooze on as well.

The great thing about Armarkat trees, is how affordable they are. My big tree there was around $75 dollars (like $95 total shipped). It's very sturdy, and can handle three cats chasing each other up and down it at high speed. I'd buy another Armarkat again in the future.
Awwwwe, cute pics I love Samantha's little mustache/smudge, soooo cute! Yeah, that's not a bad deal at all for the Amarkat tree I'm glad your cat's get so much joy from everything you've bought for them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page