How long do your cat tree's last? - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Awwwwe, cute pics I love Samantha's little mustache/smudge, soooo cute! Yeah, that's not a bad deal at all for the Amarkat tree I'm glad your cat's get so much joy from everything you've bought for them
Heh, thanks. I do love Samantha's cute little nose myself. I'm happy that my cats aren't too picky (Rochelle can be, but I've found the things she likes and we're square now ), and they really do use just about all the things I've bought them...and boy have I bought them alot...they are spoiled!

Bri: Mommy to Samantha, Alice, Jules, and Edgar the Tarantula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Bandit View Post
Heh, thanks. I do love Samantha's cute little nose myself. I'm happy that my cats aren't too picky (Rochelle can be, but I've found the things she likes and we're square now ), and they really do use just about all the things I've bought them...and boy have I bought them alot...they are spoiled!
If i were to guess, i would say that most people who post here have spoiled cat's I agree, once you figure out what they're into,you're golden
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Cool Cat

The carpet one my dad made got ripped up after four years or so. The ones we've bought will last forever because they don't scratch them, they are sisal which my cats won't use. They like to perch in them, but I wish they'd scratch them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Siameseifuplz~ View Post
The carpet one my dad made got ripped up after four years or so. The ones we've bought will last forever because they don't scratch them, they are sisal which my cats won't use. They like to perch in them, but I wish they'd scratch them.
See, that's my whole thing, I wonder if Rocky would actually like the sisal texture. He really loves the carpet texture or softer materials and the sisal just seems rather rough. I think it would be great though if he did dig it because it seems to last quite a bit longer and it also seems more durable than carpet which can just easily shred.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Cat Addict

[quote=Rocky_Raccoon;784474]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweamgoil View Post
I have 1 Armarkat Premium one I got about about a year ago. I think the model's been discontinued. There is one corner at the base, they are tearing apart more than anywhere else so I may rotate it, but the rest of the cat tree looks great.

They also now have the wall shelves so that take the strain off of the tree also. With 4 cats the kitty furniture needs all the help it can get.[/QUOTE

Wow, with 4 cat's, Rocky's tree would hardly last a month or so. lol What about getting a sisal tree, apparently those are built to last like other posters are commenting on.
My cats are not big sisal fans. They like the plush rug much better.
They have only recently started to pay any attention to the sisal at all, but they noticeably prefer the carpeting. I'd rather them use something which needs routine maintenance or to be replaced than buying something they won't use at all.

DweamGoiL

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Bandit View Post
Thanks! We live a small one bedroom apartment, so I wanted to set the cats up near lots of windows, and along the wall like that just seemed to work. Samantha loves the butterfly box, and sleeps in there several hours each day. Alice will use it occasionally. Rochelle used it a few times when we first got it, but she doesn't now.

Not to hijack the thread, but these were taken shortly after Alice was introduced to the other girls.

Alice and Rochelle staring each other down...

Alice thinks the box should be flipped THIS way! (Yes, she really did flip the box over on her own...she's a strong little thing!)

Whack-A-Chelle!

And Rochelle has had enough of the kitten! XD
my kittens love the sportpet kitty cube, which is similar to this but much less cushy. both have held up surprisingly well, and are only $3.88 at the local walmart. we have 2 and they play in it everyday!

Walmart.com: SportPet Cat Play Cube, 1ct: Cats

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Kitten

My almost 4 year old cat Noelle pretty much destroyed the rope on the scratching posts on the cat tree I bought about 3 years ago. I repaired it a couple of times since buying it. And as you can see in the attached pic, it is in need of repair again.
I just bought this new cat tree in the second pic. For now I plan to keep both and repair the old one again; keep one in the entrance hall where the old one is standing now, and the other in the breakfast room where the cats love to look out the windows. Both of my cats seem to be aggressive scratches and both like the scratching rope posts. Noelle's claws are huge and she really goes at it, that's why it doesn't last longer than about 6 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mom we could use a new cat tree.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	110050  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat tree.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	110058  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page