Cats not using new pet fountain - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_Dreams View Post
That's cats for ya! You buy them quality food, they turn their noses up at it. You provide them fun toys, they want to play with the pop top from your soda can and empty cardboard boxes. You get them nice filtered water that flows from a bubbler, they still want to drink out of the toilet.
LOL, That's my cats alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_Dreams View Post
If you're giving up on the idea of the fountain, try putting water sources around the places they like to hang out. They're more likely to drink enough if they have options that are far away from their food.
Thanks for the tip
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #32 (permalink)
Kitten

my kitten totally ignore my drinkwell! he drink from the usual water bowl, but he always prefer drinking from my finger. do you guys think hanging a hamster bottle would be good?
barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

We had to get a Drinkwell because we feed our cats dry food, and the vet suggested it. Initially, the timid cat wouldn't drink from it and instead resorted to drinking from the toilet. The siamese liked it enough, but approached it with caution.

When we started using a pet fountain where the water flows down a slope (rather than drips), they were much ,ore interested. Timid Bebe still only laps from it, but our Siamese LOVES lapping from the moving water.

It has not, however, kept him from sticking his paw in our water glasses and then licking the water off his paw.
MmeHibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Cat

Builder, dont give up!

I once bought a mechanical mouse toy. The Idea was so there, but the darn thing was so noisey. It scared me along with the cats.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Cat Addict

We used to have a cat fountain, too. Cats didn't pay it any mind so I boxed it up and donated it to a cat shelter.

dweamgoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I used to have one of these... I don't remember what brand it was but a week later it started making a loud noise so I took the thing back :/ I'd prolly buy another one if I knew which one was worth the money.

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
Tom Cat

we have 2 drinkwell fountains. they used to get a decent amount of use but after we got rid of the dry food almost a year ago, i may have seen one cat use the fountain...once. i am hoping they are getting enough water in their diets since i am scooping up lots of pee balls in the litter box, but yes. huge waste of money in our house. i used to have a bowl of water just in case and i think they would drink out of the bowl of water more than the fountain.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
Tom Cat

We had left on a little vacation for a week while my oldest daughter took care of the animals and she found the box. She didnít know the circumstances and thought we just got it so she set it up again without the cookie sheet and replacing the old one. Low and behold they started using it.

I donít know if they are actually drinking MORE water, but Iím thinking of setting up a camera to check it out. The only problem I have with the camera idea is that I can record but I canít get it to run in fast forward and I donít want to sit here watching it for 24hrs.

I donít know how else to tell if theyíre drinking more because I live in the desert and water evaporates pretty quickly.

Actually the only reason I bought it was to get Midnight to drink more water and I donít care so much about the other cats. I just donít think Iíve ever seen Midnight drink water from anything.
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement