Cat Poop and Me - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Red face Cat Poop and Me

Hello all, this may sound weird (or maybe just me?):

I feel so creeped out everytime my little kitty pooped. Sometimes there's a tiny speck of brownie still attached to her rear exit. Just tiny like a dust but I still took notice, but mostly it's clean after a poop. The problem is: I hate it. She likes to run to me after a nice poop and gets all lovey dovey and climb onto my shoulder rubbing face and butt to my face and hair. I feel so dirty, and an urge to bleach myself everytime. Does this happen to any of you? She is a clean little kitty actually, clean herself often. I just don't like the fact that she wants to be close to me after a poop. How do you guys handle this?? I don't want to be avoiding her forever.

Just a tiny bit about me: I have very sensitive sense of smell. I can sense stuff from a mile away. Now I'm feeling itchy all over because kitty just rubbed me.
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

You sound a little OCD--I don't think most people react this way, no.

Last edited by marie73; 10-17-2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: save it for the raw section
hoofmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Cat

it sounds like you're a little oversensitive. Cats are quite clean typically. Human animals aren't always that clean either!

anyway, is your kitten long haired? Some people have them groomed to what some call a "potty patch" where they keep the rear-end trimmed so you're less likely to get "clingers."

I've been looking into this type of trimming myself lately as my kitten sometimes gets a little stuck to him. When I notice it, I grab a paper towel or a tissue slightly damp with warm water, and try to get out what I can. This usually does the trick.

a good bathmat or doormat outside the litterbox will hopefully help alleviate your feelings about her paws afterwards.

if just knowing that she pooped is what grosses you out, then that's not something that can be helped. It sounds like she grooms herself like any normal cat should. I hate to ruin things for you, but every animal including us are somewhere in between our last and next poop!
rightsaidfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cat

I am not offended by a little, 'hanger on'. I grab a tissue/kleenex and take care of it. Like Rightsaidfed, There are times when we all have experienced that ' not so fresh' feeling.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Cats tend to be not one of the best smelling animals when they use the litter but I think you are over-reacting and may possibly need a bit of help. I guess I may be insensitive - muck out horses everyday on a farm full of sheep and cow droppings.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Is the problem that you can smell her poop (you mentioned a sensitive nose), or does it just gross you out that cats poop in general? I have never heard of anyone being so disgusted by their animal going to the bathroom that they don't want to be near it or feel the need to shower. Do you ever feel the same disgust toward humans who just used the bathroom (potentially dirty hands touching you instead of a potentially dirty cat butt)?

It sounds like you just got this cat and are still getting used to it. You will realize that cats are actually pretty clean and will not be getting poop on you 24/7. And if you think a dust-size speck of poop on a cat butt is gross, you should visit my kitten when she's having poop issues. You'll never complain about your cat's butt being dirty again
CatMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by limonade34 View Post
It sounds like you just got this cat and are still getting used to it. You will realize that cats are actually pretty clean and will not be getting poop on you 24/7. And if you think a dust-size speck of poop on a cat butt is gross, you should visit my kitten when she's having poop issues. You'll never complain about your cat's butt being dirty again
LOL, I was thinking the same thing... my one who has a grain allergy gets mucasy poop when she gets into dry food... bf stepped on a diarreah spot on the floor yesterday with his bare foot. Not to mention my Ragdoll who frequently gets 'clingers' if we don't trim her bum often enough.

Last edited by 3furbabies; 10-16-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: spelling
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default kitty poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3furbabies View Post
LOL, I was thinking the same thing... my one who has a grain allergy gets mucasy poop when she gets into dry food... bf stepped on a diarreah spot on the floor yesterday with his bare foot. Not to mention my Ragdoll who frequently gets 'clingers' if we don't trim her bum often enough.
Bear used to have relentless diarrhea that was so bad it actually scalded his bum fur off and made his little butt hole bleed... OP, I use kitty wipes to remove little flecks of poo from the rear end. Maybe that would make you feel less dirty if she touches you?
minikin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Thanks everyone. Guess I'm just overreacting. And I realize that my kitty is so far very well behaved, and no other issues (diarrhea yuuuck!), I will try to uh...not be worried about it too much.

Someone mentioned kitty wipes, is it some type of specialized wipes? I was very tempted to help her clean the butt myself. But not sure if I can use normal tissues with water

Kitty is short haired. And I feel the same towards people sometime, not after their bathroom use, but after touching oily or raw stuff like bacon and then not washing hands properly with soap. My bf does that a lot he just rinses with water and calls it clean enough. I can still smell stuff even after washing!

Last edited by pepperthelauncher; 10-17-2012 at 09:45 AM.
pepperthelauncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsaidfed View Post
it sounds like you're a little oversensitive. Cats are quite clean typically. Human animals aren't always that clean either!

anyway, is your kitten long haired? Some people have them groomed to what some call a "potty patch" where they keep the rear-end trimmed so you're less likely to get "clingers."

I've been looking into this type of trimming myself lately as my kitten sometimes gets a little stuck to him. When I notice it, I grab a paper towel or a tissue slightly damp with warm water, and try to get out what I can. This usually does the trick.

a good bathmat or doormat outside the litterbox will hopefully help alleviate your feelings about her paws afterwards.

if just knowing that she pooped is what grosses you out, then that's not something that can be helped. It sounds like she grooms herself like any normal cat should. I hate to ruin things for you, but every animal including us are somewhere in between our last and next poop!
Thanks, I'm thinking about getting a mat for my kitty too. She tends to carry bits of litter on the way out. Fortunately she is not that scared of the vacuum cleaner.
Advertisement