Good Kitty Condos Help?? Its our first one - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I didn't know that my squirts was a climber until I set up a 6' ladder to decorate the tree.

builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
I didn't know that my squirts was a climber until I set up a 6' ladder to decorate the tree.
Tehe What a pretty fluff ball you got there! I like the random nose spot!
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder View Post
Wow, there sure are some pretty interesting trees out there.

I have a couple of them, but I tend to go for the narrow ones that donít take a lot of floor space.

The last one was tall and narrow from Costco. I thought I would have a problem with the cats climbing over each other, but as you can see that wasn't the case for me. And they donít need steps because they like climbing straight up the back.

Anyway mine is used all the time especially when the blinds are open in the window for them to watch the birds outside. Then it's a game of king of the mountain.

that scene look really funny !
barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I found someone local to make mine. It's extremely sturdy and solid and doesn't tip even when my great Danes jump on it. I paid $210 and that included delivery and in home set up. It's 6 1/2 feet tall.
Good Kitty Condos Help?? Its our first one-imageuploadedbypg-free1352486271.240084.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
kayla baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I got Murphy's tree from Armarkat and can give it a good review. I think trees are a sure-fire hit with cats . . . but they only really care about getting to and using the top level. The levels in between are just stepping stones to get to that top one, so I wouldn't worry too much about the features of the intermediate levels.

Holly and Murphy
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by October View Post
I got Murphy's tree from Armarkat and can give it a good review. I think trees are a sure-fire hit with cats . . . but they only really care about getting to and using the top level. The levels in between are just stepping stones to get to that top one, so I wouldn't worry too much about the features of the intermediate levels.

This is so true! My cat has long hair and is a super shedder. when I vacuum that cat tree, it's only the top 2 levels that need vacuuming. He jumps to the second level down from the floor then climbs to the top. all of the levels below that are spotless.
rightsaidfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Kitten

I bought the Armakat 78" in fleece and I am very happy with it. For my guys, the most important feature is vertical height and number of platforms for sleeping; they only use the condo when I am playing with them using toys. I bought it online from wayfair.com Armarkat 78" Classic Cat Tree in Ivory | Wayfair, and even though I had to pay for shipping and customs (I'm in Canada), the price was better than anything else I could get. It does not have a wide footprint at all, yet is very sturdy and stable. Cleans up well, and is no problem to put together or move around. Plus it came right to my door. I was looking there again recently; they have a great sale but I think the stocks are a bit limited right now; I know I saw the exact model you had posted, but don't recall the brand.
008cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I just recently bought the Armarkat version of the first picture you posted:
Classic Cat Tree A7401 - Armarkat Online Store

I set it up last Saturday and it was an instant hit. I got it because their old condo had 1 tier only and they were always fighting for it. Now they have their own and they don't fight over it anymore. They absolutely love it. They use both boxes, and sprint/wrestle on it all the time. I am very happy with the purchase.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cat

As soon as we move into a bigger place (next month fingers crossed), I want to get a huge cat tree. Coda, our younger female LOVES to climb and will climb anything and everything available. I know a big tall cat tree will be a huge hit with her.

I don't really know about Cal, our older male. He doesn't climb on everything like Coda does, but he does enjoy sprawling out in all his enormous glory on the top platform of our current, very modest (waist-high) cat tree, and he likes scratching on different surfaces, so I want to get one that offers some different scratching textures, too. I can see him actually using some of the mid-levels. Coda will probably just either hang out on the very top or race up and down it repeatedly.

Ugh, I hate living in such a tiny place and cannot wait to get into some digs where we can all spread out a little more.
jawramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement