Whats your cat's favorite toy? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Whats your cat's favorite toy?

I'm searching for a new cat toy for my 2 year old indoor cat. Any suggestions? What toy does your cat love?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nan
Cool Cat

This trackball-both my cats like it.
Petstages Cheese Chase at PETCO

Lily is crazy for Da Bird; Harli not so much.
Pet Supplies - Pet Products - Pet Food | Petco.com

I just bought a laser pointer. It has a red light. Harli loves chasing the "red bug" . Lily is not impressed.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Anna- crinkle ball. Her favourite thing is to put it under the fridge lol. Her second favourite is the big kickeroo made by kong

Sophie- Christmas ball we call it, it's a tinsel ball thing

Sasha - this big rainbow mouse with a ribbon tail and a bell on the end. Also likes the track ball

They all love laser pointer
Old 11-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cat

Da Bird! They love Da Bird.

Sebastian loves his cat tunnel.

Other than that, unpredictable.

Sometimes Viola is passionate about bits of cellophane, sometimes those little ties that come on bread packaging and things like that. sometimes a soft toy becomes the rage, sometimes they have to have their iPad games.

I need a new laser pointer.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cat

Mine loves a crumpled up ball of aluminum foil. He has lots of other toys. He likes Da Bird but doesn't seem as interested in it as he was when we first got it. But a simple ball of aluminum foil is apparently much more fun.

Last edited by Lucas718; 11-07-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tom Cat

A ribbon.

Nothing fancy, just a ribbon that came with a wedding invitation. She sits next to it and cries until we pick it up for her to bat and jump at. If we don't oblige she drunkenly drags it around the apartment with her, stepping on the end and getting frustrated the entire time. It's very funny. She'll drag it onto her kitty castle then get angry and banish it to the floor.

And yes, we have an entire box of toys that we actually spent money on. I wish I knew two years ago that all I needed was some $0.99 string.
"Is that vodka?" Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped from it's chair in indignation. "Excuse me, your majesty", he squeaked, "do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!". -The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas718 View Post
Mine loves a crumpled up ball of aluminum foil. He has lots of other toys. He likes Da Bird but doesn't seem as interested in it as he was when we first got it. But a simple ball of aluminum foil is apparently much more fun.
Mine too with the foil! They also seemed to prefer playing with the cardboard box their Cheese Chase trackball came in more than with the toy itself. I will never understand cats

If I'm playing with them, the laser pointer is their favorite. For playing alone, they are happy with basic toy mice or small crinkly toys and have a cat cube (polyester material cube with openings on 3 sides) they like to chase each other through.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I'm going to try the aluminum foil ball tonight.

Mine love the lazer pointer. They love chasing it up and down the hallway and try to climb the wall after it too. Too cute! They also have a couple small, soft balls that theylove chasing. They wont chase hard ones though. Their favorite is small canvas mice w/ string tails ( make sure they are sturdy tails, they cost more but are safer).
Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat

Tigerlilly is crazy about the balls that jingle. She plays soccer with them. Other than that, nothing else keeps her interest long (aside from moths, frogs, bugs).

Tucker is crazy about a cheap little white mouse that you can get at any petstore. He goes through phases with other toys. He'll chase almost anything but it's hard to keep his interest in it. The only thing he plays with for a long time is the mouse and the wand teaser. He's wild for that wand teaser...only when I'm playing with him though.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Since getting DaBird, ET refused to chase laser pointer anymore. I make my own replacement feather with a very soft feather and another one I cut off a teaser that I bought from the store and diy so it can be attached to the DaBird stick, then alternate them so he will always find something new.

On his own, he still plays with the Petstages Cheese Chase and Pick-A-Prize. He sometimes does go crazy chasing handphone strap that he found in the house or a crumbled ball of newspaper. DaBird or any teaser is still his favourite cos he just want me to play along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread