Adoption sadness! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default Adoption sadness!

Of the 6 kittens, 2 have already found homes. Another 2 are going tonight, 1 is going tomorrow and we are likely keeping one.

I'm soooooooo sad. Its bittersweet as I can't keep them all, but I don't want them to go.

*sigh*
Malaika219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Letting go is so hard! I'm approaching 100 fosters over the last 2.5 years and I can promise it won't ever get any easier to send them on their way. The way I like to think of it is that each animal in my life gets a little piece of my soul through the love I have for them. That piece of my soul is their talisman and will protect them throughout their lives. They will always know that they have been loved.
Venusworld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cat

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusworld21 View Post
Letting go is so hard! I'm approaching 100 fosters over the last 2.5 years and I can promise it won't ever get any easier to send them on their way. The way I like to think of it is that each animal in my life gets a little piece of my soul through the love I have for them. That piece of my soul is their talisman and will protect them throughout their lives. They will always know that they have been loved.
This is heartwarming. Thank you for fostering. Not only do they know that you love them and took care of them, but you gave them time to be found by another loving home.
AdoptAnAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

When I raised litters, the hardest part was saying goodbye. I know the rescue choose great homes, but it was still like my "kids" were leaving, especially if you had them since they were baby babies.

Great job fostering and I am sure there are others out there who will need your help!
elisabeth00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

One wasn't sure, so I wouldn't let her have my fluffy boy. One went to a great home (coincidentally the home of a coworker). Her son was so smitten from the first look and she took to him IMMEDIATELY! It made it just a little bit easier seeing the huge grin on his face and the string he brought to play with the kittens with.

I don't know how you guys do this. I've had a hard time with 3!!
Malaika219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement