had to board the kitties... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default had to board the kitties...

So thanks to Hurrian Sandy...we lost power from 10/29 to 11/7th.

So from 10/29 to 11/4 we stayed at home in the dark. Oh and it was very cold in the house. It was 43 degrees INSIDE the house. So the fireplace was running non stop to keep us warm and to put some light in the house.

We had flash lights and candles through out the house.

So on the 4th...Mom was getting tired of being cold at night. So she asked me if i wanted to board the cats at the vets where it was warm. At first i wasnt sure because A:they dont go into the carriers very well and B:i would worry about them for a long time. At that point we wasnt sure when the power was coming back on.

So i said *i guess we can take the kitties to the vets on monday* So it took me a while to get the cats into the carriers. Since we only have 3 carriers and 4 cats..we had to make 2 trips to the vets. It wasnt to bad..the vets was only 15-20 mins away.

So once we got all 4 cats there...i helped out unloading them into the cat condos. They got the bottom condos. They had these side holes where the cats can wonder into each cobby. They had shelfs to jump on too. each of them had the food/water bowls and litter boxes.

So on wednesday 11/14 the power came back on. So mom called the vet and told them we would pick them up on thursday.

So thursday i was very excited to pick up my cats. I missed them so much!

Stache & Brynie went right into the carriers. But Blue & Simba did not want to go into there carriers(the vet loaned us an extra carrier ) So i couldnt get them to go in.. So one of the kennel staff came to help. She has one of those halk gloves on but i dont think that helped b/c she couldnt really grip the kitties that good with a thick glove. But she was able to get the kitties into the carriers for us.

So we put all 4 carriers into the car. the girls were in the back seat and the boys were in the trunk. we have a ford escape..so the trunk was part of the back seat. haha

So i am happy to have the power back and to have the cats back home. they are happy to be home again!
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
tgw
Cat

Glad you got your power back, but probably the kitties would have been fine hanging out near the fireplace.
tgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I'm glad that you are all home and with power to boot. That was really kind of your Mom to worry so much about the kitties.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Sounds a nightmare!
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Wow, quite an adventure! I'm glad that everything worked out with your kitties, and that you got your power back. A few years ago, we lost power for about 36 hours and it was 22 degrees out or something. I tried putting light blankets on top of my kitties. They sat there for a minute then looked at me like I was crazy and got up and moved. lol.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Spirite...while we were staying home in the dark... i had a thick/heavy fleece blanket on my bed. and i made a nest into it for the kitties. I had another fleece blanket that i wrapped the kitties in.

Simba and blue stayed under the blanket. Brynie would stay under it for a little while...then she would get up and move. I would think she would want to keep warm. ??

Last night brynie was sleeping on my bed and i put the blanket on her and she got up and left.

-----------------
Thanks everyone for your replys. Its good to be back home with power and heat!

Many people out in long island,ny still dont have power.
Advertisement