Stupid me! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Default Stupid me!

I have rarely felt as foolish as I do at the moment. There was a cat in the shelter I support. He was called Septimus (and given the meaning of that it seemed even more appropriate) and I wanted him badly. If he had still been there after Christmas I was hoping to introduce him to my crew. From the moment I saw his picture (before the flesh and blood) he reminded of me of my much missed Shadow - it wasn't physical, it was something more intangible. Anyway, today I was told he has found a forever home. I am really glad for him because he deserved it immensely but I have stupidly been sitting here in tears because it isn't going to be with me. Other cats - in all honesty, cuter cats - were adopted this week as well but all I feel great about them. I wanted this cat so badly.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat

Oh, dont feel sad. We hope he went to a good home. That is a nice thing. I have had the case'es of I want that Cat! I FORCE myself to wait, go home and think about it. If it did not happen then it was not ment to be. Other wise I would have 20 cats right now.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Don't be too hard on yourself. There are other kitties in need of homes. There is one out there that is your perfect kitty, you will find him ( or her).
Jetlaya67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I don't believe it was meant to be. My Anna was a meant to be cat. She was the cage mate of my first cat. No one wanted her(anna) because of her poor markings even though she is really sweet. She was there for a long time and we said if she is still there in 2 weeks we will get her. I visited the rescue every day for 2 weeks. Anna already chose me. She would reach out when I got there and cry when I left(only did this to me) 2 weeks later still no one wanted her and now she is my lapcat and just jumped on my lap purring as I finished typing this.

Another cat will come along and when it is right, it will happen.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

If it was meant to be, it will be. Perhaps let the shelter know you wanted him, so if for some reason his new home doesn't work out, they can give you a call?
Venusworld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I'm sorry that the kitty found a different forever home when you had your heart set on him. But it was hardly stupid of you; you must have had your reasons for waiting. As venusworld said, too, you never know. Perhaps it won't work out with his new family (as uncharitable as that sounds) and you'll get another chance.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I waiting until after Christmas because with six cats and the dog in the house as well as three small children (my sister's grandchildren) going to be here for a fair bit of time over the holidays, it seemed easier to think of settling him in after things were a bit more normal. I wasn't actively looking for a seventh cat - I just fell for him!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Those seem like infinitely good reasons to hold off on adopting another kitty. It stinks that the timing didn't work, but the kitty could have ended up being miserable trying to adjust with so many other animals AND small children around, especially if he wasn't used to them. My cats learned years ago to steer clear of small children...

At least you'll know right away if the family brings him back. Did the shelter give you any information on the family that adopted him?
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I should hear a bit more about the adoption today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement