Are You A Cat Convert? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My cats will always outnumber the dogs (14 to 1 at the moment, including fosters), but I can't imagine my life without both. Cats are easier to work with for me, but dogs are more fun. Cats have way more personality, but dogs are so amazingly loyal. I guess I go both ways, lol.
Venusworld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kitten

I'm definitely a dog person (groom dogs and show dogs), but I have a love for Siamese cats. After being siamese-cat-less for 6 years, I bought a beautiful little Siamese kitten from a show breeder this summer. She is amazing!!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Kitten

I always preferred dogs and didn't care for cats, until this teeny (enough to fit in a palm) stray wondered to my grandma's house and we kept him and nursed him to health. I still love dogs, but I'm not sure if/in what circumstance I would keep a dog and a cat together.
zarah825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cat

I grew up in a multi-pet home (rodents, turtles, fish, cats and dog) so I always tried to think of them equally. My dog was my best friend though, there is nothing in the world that can take away the relationship I had with that dog. He passed away last year at 14 yrs old and I fell into a depression that lasted a few months. 14 years of multiple daily walks (bc my parents stopped taking care of him after a while, only bought the food until I began working) and he was a terrier so we played with him a lot so. The transition from such an active lifestyle to a sedentary one (no reason to go for random walks now) was hard on me. Oliver spruced up inside apartment life but I'm counting the days until I can get another dog. I'm not going to lie.
OliverandCo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Total cat convert! We were never allowed to have pets (except for guinea pigs) when I was growing up, so I just never had any exposure to cats or dogs . . . and actually kind of feared them. Flash forward to my age 48, and I finally decided with my cat-guy husband's gentle prodding, to open my mind and get a cat. That was Rookie, our first beloved girl who we only had 3 years until she died of epilepsy in 2008. But yeah, open the flood gates! I went from cat-fearful to cat-worshipping within about 10 minutes.

Holly and Murphy
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I had cats and dogs since childhood, and I always perfer cats over dogs. My mom is a dog person (still is), but she agree we shouldn't have dogs, at least not in near future, because dogs don't fit with our living style.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I'll always be a dog person (great danes). I had never had a cat until five years ago when I found a box of dumped kittens. Those two girls still live with my mom and sister since I moved out in March. Since then my older dane found five week old kittens in the park, so we kept Clementine and Blitz and then a few months later I got Ghost the Siamese who was going to be left outside of a vet clinic when I was leaving work. I had planned on looking into Bengal or Maine Coon breeders next year, but now I've got 2 almost 9 month olds and an almost 7 month old so that's it for cats for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
kayla baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I grew up in a cat hating household and only got a kitten because my ex-husband wanted one.

Years later I moved into showing cats and a few years after that breeding so I'm a total cat convert.

My family still don't like cats, though one sister likes my breed of cat only but will never own one.
spotty cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I never liked cats most of my life. I was always a lover of dogs. I did not adopt my first cat until I was in my early 40's and my life changed forever. I fell in love with Misty deeper than I ever thought I could. When she passed 16 years later I was devastated and still am. I had adopted her at around 7 weeks old. I will mourn her forever and because of her I am one of the biggest cat lovers there is.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

heston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cat

I 101% am a convert. Until we moved into our current house I actually would have said I disliked cats, we always had dogs growing up and I still love dogs. My boyfriend always had cats but hadn't had any since he was younger so when we moved in a skinny tortie showed up he did everything he could to win her over. Four years later we still have our beautiful tortie, 3 others of our own and we're on our third round of foster kittens, I can't believe I ever disliked cats!!!
Leanne2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement