Do you celebrate events with your cat? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Question Do you celebrate events with your cat?

When it's your cat's birthday or if it's Christmas, Easter or Halloween, do you get your kitty something?
Do you pet your kitty a lot more than usual?
Do you sing to your cat?
Do you even give it a card?

As crazy as it sounds, I did when I had my kitties.
Sometimes my friends who like cats would give my kitties birthday/Christmas cards.
KittyLover12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I try to make it a little special for them. I will give them extra yummy food or a new toy. On Thanksgiving Day I gave them turkey. They were happy kitties.
Jetlaya67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cat

i just got my kitty recently but yes we are planning on celebrating events. he got tuna for thanksgiving (he rarely gets fish but gets turkey most of the time haha). i dunno what i'll feed him for christmas yet, but I want it to be something special again. and of course I'm getting him a present. my mom is getting him one too! haha
Old 12-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I just got my kitten this year, but im definitely including him in celebrations and holidays. c:
pllamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I don't know their birthdays, Blaze turned 17 a little while back but it was passed by me going "oh, I think he turned 17..." and digging out some paperwork to confirm it, like, a few weeks after the fact.

I'd rather spend my money on some cat nip or toys or a special food treat. At Christmas and Thanksgiving they get a little turkey. Also at Christmas all the animals get a toy, minus Blacky who does not care for playing...

Along with the dogs Tara and Coco.
Carmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I bought toys (Pick-A-Prize) from USA on his birthday month. Prior to his 1st anniversary with us, I bought a new and larger cat post.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat

Yep, Tucker already had a stocking full of goodies! And I plan to get him presents for his birthday (or well, the day I got him).
tigre86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I bought Kira (my sister's tiny tabby cat) a Christmas stocking filled with catnip toys & tins of tuna, she loved it
KittyLover12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat Addict

All the kitties get a special birthday dinner of their favorite food...if I can find it.

Jitzu's birthday means they all get raw salmon (assuming I have some frozen or the price at the store is half-decent)

Doran and Muffin's birthday food is quail, which they all love and don't get very often at all.

Torri's favorite is Moose...but that's hard to find since I don't know any hunters I've also given them other game meats on her birthday.

For Christmas they get a yummy dinner of turkey giblets, or I buy turkey thigh for them. They get ground turkey lots, but they liked chunked meats the best so they get chunked turkey for special occasions rather than ground. They also get small christmas presents, I'm hoping to find a half-decent price on some da'bird feather refills...but if I want to get it to Canada I'll apparently have to sell my firstborn to do it. :/

(Seriously. Amazon.ca has ONE refill listed at $20, and that's without shipping. The pack of 12 is $75!!!! *eye roll* I don't suppose anyone in the states would buy some and send them to me? I'd pay for them and shipping of course! All our stores stopped carrying them.)

Becky and the cats: Jitzu (9), Torri (6), Doran (5), and Muffin (5)
librarychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Nah, I figure every day is Christmas for Murphy in my house! I do notice and remind my husband when Murphy's birthday rolls around, though, and it does make a little sad to see him getting a year older.

Holly and Murphy
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement