So what stops you.... - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
Cat

My main issue is space. I only have one cat and I won't add a second until after we've moved. We're planning on maybe buying a house next year, at the moment we live in an apartment. At the moment I just wouldn't know where to put a second litterbox, and it would be very difficult to do a proper introduction as there isn't really anywhere I could put another cat seperate from Ruby. Ruby isn't too keen on other cats so I'd definitely need to do a very slow introduction. I wouldn't want more than two or three in any case, I just wouldn't have enough time.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #32 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOneMore View Post
When I started this thread I never thought a reason would be not enough bed space. That's so interesting and funny at the same time.
Hey....this is what I woke up to this morning...

I sleep on my right side with my knees drawn up a bit. Holly was behind my knees pressed right up against me. Maggie was in the V created by my thighs and torso, pressed right up against me. Kobi was at chest level, with his paws across my arm and his face within an inch of mine. Completely pinned down, if I want to move I have to dislodge all 3 of them, they argue about it too. And very often, by the time I get the 3rd to move, the first one is settling back in.

It sounds all nice cuddly and cozy...until you have to pee.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I can SOOO relate to the story above. It's those times when you don't have to pee and you wake momentarily and feel them all there is what makes it all worth it though.
GhostTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #34 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post

I sleep on my right side with my knees drawn up a bit. Holly was behind my knees pressed right up against me. Maggie was in the V created by my thighs and torso, pressed right up against me. Kobi was at chest level, with his paws across my arm and his face within an inch of mine. Completely pinned down, if I want to move I have to dislodge all 3 of them, they argue about it too. And very often, by the time I get the 3rd to move, the first one is settling back in.

So true!

I currently share a twin bed with my fiance and both our cats. Coda usually sleeps in the crook behind my knees, and Cal either sleeps above my head on my pillow, right up next to me with his front paws on my pillow next to my head, or sometimes on my chest/back. Getting out of bed to pee is an obstacle course.

Of course, when my alarm goes off, kitties wake up and start immediately pestering me for breakfast, so they jump off me when I'm getting up for the day, but if I decide I want to sleep in, I have to get up and feed kitties first. They simply will not let me continue to sleep after they hear that alarm.
jawramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
Premier Cat

What you people need is some good restless leg syndrome. Thrash around long enough, and your kitty realizes a small corner at the end of the bed is the only safe place to be.

Holly and Murphy
October is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #36 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:

Ahaha, my life story right there. Last night I wanted a break so I shut the door. Bf got mad and said "Let them in, I can't sleep without my babies", so they came piling in... Sophie in the v between his legs, anna wedge between us and sasha on the outside of me pressed up against my face. I have to admin, I was wrestless until they piled on the bed.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Time and energy. I wasn't sure I was ever going to find my limit, but at one point this year I ended up with 20 (5 of mine, 4 shelter fosters and an emergency intake of 11 from a coworker's mother) and realized that is definitely over my limit. 6 were being bottle supplemented and it was taking me hours just to clean litters and feed them. I was starting to really resent it. I'm down to 10 right now and it's still too many, but the house is peaceful-ish enough that everyone is happy while the last 5 fosters are waiting to be adopted.
Venusworld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Very simply put, I cannot afford another cat. I would love to have two or three but in order to keep my one kitty fed and healthy, I only have the one. Wish things were different tho.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

heston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #39 (permalink)
Cat

If my apartment complex didn't limit me to two cats I'd be very tempted to take home every stray and rescue that needed a place to stay. That's probably a good thing because of things like expenses, space, how well they'd all get along (or not get along), shedding, and of course, room on the bed.
Penguin_Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #40 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:

Wow that paints a good picture in my head of what you guys meant about bed space. But aren't you just tempted to get one more for your feet? LOL!
JustOneMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement