So what stops you.... - Page 7 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #61 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I hope that eventually I'll be able to have another cat (or two,) but for right now the two I already have is my limit.

1.) Money. Right now I'm only working part-time (not by my choice) and getting another animal just isn't an option until I find full-time work.

2.) Uncertainty of living arrangements. I'm going to be moving before long, and possibly relocating to a different area. Either way I'll need to find rental housing. It wouldn't be a good time to try to work in another family member anyway, and finding an apartment that allows three pets seems like for some reason it's a lot harder than finding an apartment that allows two.

3.) Maisie is having some health problems right now, and all other factors aside I want to make sure those are fully under control before bringing in another cat and the inevitable new issues a new arrival brings.

4.) My boys are very well bonded, and I worry a little that another cat would mess up our good dynamic. I think it could work out, but I want to think long and hard and make sure it's a good decision before I commit to another cat.

Hopefully someday, though.

The Boys: Maisie (age 9, adopted 2007,) Zephyr (age 8, adopted 2006,)
Bentley
(age 3, adopted 2013,) and foster kitty Cullen
Blakeney Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #62 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I live in an apartment right now, so have a limit of two cats (and numerous small animals).

My OH and I have agreed that when we have our own house, we will get a third cat. Potentially even a fourth.
Abbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
Kitten

For me it's the noise factor. I am a very light sleeper and I have to be up by 5:30 am to get ready for work, so the hours I manage to get during the week are important to me. Lucy is very quiet and very rarely meows while Gypsy likes to get our attention very early. I would be reluctant to get another cat because there is no telling going in whether they will be talkative or more subdued. None of the other issues bother me, just the noise.
kitten pause is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement