It's recently hit me just how lucky I am - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I also realize how good I have it and everytime someone new meets my 3, they say I am very lucky and that they never met such good cats. Aside from my youngest being high energy, they are really great cats. I used to work at a shelter and it really made me appreciate how healthy and well behaved my girls are. My youngest sophie had it the worst and was going to be put down at a high kill shelter. Ironically enough she is the best, She is super easy going, adapts to any new situation/change, loves every animal she meets(dog cat, etc) with 0 intros needed. I could go on about all my girls but I won't, lol. It's like my dog too. I realized how lucky we are to have her and I always say to my bf that we better appreciate all of them now because when they are gone, who know what our new animals will be like...
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Although I went through a difficult introduction with my two, I'm otherwise very lucky, since they are both very gentle and well behaved. I have all sorts of breakable things lying out and the cats never disturb or break anything. They don't bother with people food. Muffs is never on the counter, while Abby hops up perhaps once a month, but hops back down again after a few seconds. They scratch on their scratching posts, not my furniture. They leave the Christmas tree alone. They don't wake me up in the morning or in the middle of the night. So, if we overlook the occasional hairball on the rug, I can't complain!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat Addict

After reading all the horror stories too, I thought I had better stop at one and thought it isn't too bad with ET, though I had a bad start with him being my 1st cat. I was glad I managed to tame him after more than 6mths. He is not a bad cat, just didn't know how to relate to human. He isn't finicky, eats wet/dry and eats whatever supplements I give, I have many breakables too, he didn't break any. He didn't go on top of my dining table, didn't ask for human food, never been on top of my alter.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Kitten

i have so far been lucky myself! my cat taz was an "only child" (yes i call him my child ) for about the first 4 years of his life, he hated it when i brought bentley home as a baby, and did not accept him for about 2 months, now they are inseparable and act like brothers, it is great.

i am also grateful that they do not have health problems, taz is almost 5 years and has never been sick *knock on wood*

have had bently for almost 2 years and no problems so far!
TravisFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Cat Addict

By the way, I LOVE this thread! My 4 are great kitties and we feel very blessed to have found them. We have had our challenges, but with patience, love, and some slight tweaks (mostly us accepting them into our lifestyle), we live very happily together. They are all healthy and eat pretty much anything we give them. I sometimes think they feel the same way about us; "we are pretty lucky that our humans are good people and that they are smart enough to be trained to fit our lifestyle"...lol

dweamgoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
Getting a great starter cat is wonderful!! And it makes you want more.

Cinderella was pretty much perfect. Then came Cleo, also trouble-free, my little talker, with her little quirks.

Life was good.

Then the twinz arrived. My little Calibratz. And they showed Cleo the entryway into TROUBLE CITY.

But my three little brats are healthy.

(although there are times when I'm tempted to sneak a little Benedryl in their food.....)
oh how sad. Could they really be that bad? I couldn't imagine feeling that way over any pet.
JustOneMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

I had Mia for a year (7 weeks-1year old) as an only cat. I got Mac out of a horrible situation when he was 6 weeks old (currently 7 1/2 months). He was a very dirty and malnurished kitten. When I brought him home Mia hissed and hissed at him. As soon as I gave him a bath in Dawn Dish soap (in case of fleas) and she was fine once he was clean. There has never been a problem between them. They are very affectionate toward one another, sleep in bed with me cuddled up next to my bed, have never broke nic nacs or anything else. Mac has never clawed my couch (Mia is declawed), I have even moved twice with Mia , once with Mac and they never acted like it was a big deal, no litter box problems, never sick. I count myself blessed!
Penny135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOneMore View Post
oh how sad. Could they really be that bad? I couldn't imagine feeling that way over any pet.
Yes, they're horrible. I'll probably rehome them after the first of the year and start over with nicer cats.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg
marie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
Yes, they're horrible. I'll probably rehome them after the first of the year and start over with nicer cats.
Wow Marie! I know you have talked about how bad they are and I understand you must have a rough time with them from the stories I've read. I just didnt realize HOW BAD it was. Hoping for things to get better!
Penny135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Yup. I think I'll just get new kittens every year, and as soon as they start getting bigger and not so cute, time to switch them out for kittens again.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg
marie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement