I bring my cat to bed with me.. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default I bring my cat to bed with me..

I think it's incredibly relaxing to have my Pippin sleeping next to me every night. Especially since I live in an old house with rodents in the walls sometimes. It's soothing to me to know that there's something else in the room with me. I've had trouble sleeping in the past and with Pippin curled up next to my feet it just makes me feel warm and fuzzy and I start dozing off within minutes. He's super cool about me picking him up so I grab him and take him upstairs and plop him down on the bed where he just settles in.

I'd wake up in the AM and he's not there. Knowing cat's are nocturnal I just go right back to sleep.. but then I'd wake up a couple hours later and there he is like he never left. I give him a quick rub and go to sleep. It's completely surreal cause I feel like I'm dreaming that he left the bed and woke up and he's there lol. The only thing I don't let him do is sleep on the sheets. Just on top of the blanket.

Does anybody else sleep with their cats all the time?
AaronR1074 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Ditto. I worry when Ritz doesn't sleep with me (what did I do wrong?) But I leave it up to Ritz, I would never pick her up (not that she'd allow me) and put her on the bed. I have a twin size bed, and she usually sleeps in between my legs. Sometimes she is on the window sill looking out, which is okay, because I know she likes to see the wild life. But my night/life isn't complete without her with me. In the morning sometimes we have a cuddle session, which always gets me up on the right side of the bed.
Ritzpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My girls all sleep with me. If I stay up too late they go to bed without me, and then I am lucky if I can find any room to get into the bed.
lovetimesfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Oreo isn't comfortable to crawl into bed with me, yet.

Gadget is another story. He will come on his own. If I fall asleep on the couch, he will snuggle with me there as well.
BigDaveyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I usually enjoy sleeping with my cats when I'm in my queen bed. But when my parents come visiting me I have to sleep in the twin bed in my guest room. That's when things get nasty. My cats insist on sleeping with me but the bed is too small. They end up either sleep on my chest or at the foot of the bed (which leaves me no leg room so my legs are wide apart dangling on the rims). Either position is awkward and leaves me sore spots in the morning. But I just don't have heart to throw two adorably sleeping cats off my bed

PS: They also enjoy playing in my bed, at the most inapproprate hour. There have been many times that they stomp over my FACE while I'm soundly asleep.

Last edited by yingying; 12-21-2012 at 10:47 AM.
yingying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I have my cats only for 5 weeks, so they dont sleep with me (yet?) I hope one day they will. They sleep in my bedroom though.
anie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetimesfour View Post
My girls all sleep with me. If I stay up too late they go to bed without me, and then I am lucky if I can find any room to get into the bed.
Lol! My one cat(Sasha) does this. The time change really threw her off. At arouns 9:30 she will suddenly get restless, meow lots and follow me around the house until I go to bed. If we stay up unusually late then she gives up and goes to bed without us.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I usually have three cats (sometimes more) and a dog in bed with me! Doesn't always leave a lot of room for moving!!!
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Both my boys sleep with me and they both sleep as close as they can possibly get. MowMow sleeps by my head, kind of under my cheek (if I roll over he gets up and moves to the other side and shoves himself back under me). Book sleeps against my side.

The always purr me to sleep and I always find it *so* soothing. Sometimes if i get up at night one or both is gone but when my alarm goes off in the morning they are always there.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Jake has always slept on our bed but when its cold he climbs under the blankets and snuggles into me.
I agree its so relaxing its unbelivable
Advertisement