Do Your Cats Have Their Own Room - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3furbabies View Post
Yes. We have a three bedroom house, one is our bedroom one is a computer room and the smallest is the cat room. It's pretty empty and they don't use it much. There's a litter box, small cat condo, a chair they like , their cat tent, tunnel and a ton of toys. They mostly play there at night when they are in bed with us but wake up in the night. They prefer to play in the basement because its bigger but the cat room is good for when I need to lock them away for whatever reason
Sounds like how my place will be when it's finished: BR, office, cat room.
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post
My cat has his own room: my room.
My cat has his own bed: my bed.
My cat has his own spot on the couch: my spot.
My cat has his own chair at the table: my chair.
Its not my house anymore its his house.

Help!!!!
Are you saying that you didn't know that would happen?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cat

Yes, my cat has her own room. It was originally a spare/junk room but when I caught Josie and brought her inside, I figured it would be a nice place for her. She has her food, cat tree, toys, litter boxes, big window with a seat to look out, etc. in the room, which is blocked off from the dogs with a gate with a little cat door. She has free run of the house, but loves going to her room to get away from everyone else.
LadyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gatos View Post
Yup, they have their own apartment! It's called my room, my bathroom, my living room, my kitchen.
I feel the exact same way. We have a one bedroom apartment with a loft. The cats have taken over the whole apartment, but surprisingly they don't go up in the loft as much as I thought, which our roommate's bedroom. Our ceilings are quite high, maybe 18 feet, so the loft is about 9 feet off the ground. You would think they would love hanging out up there, looking down. But our bed is filled every evening with two kitties.

They have two litter boxes. They are spoiled brats.
grrawritsjordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Cat Addict

this is my cat's loft. they just let me live in it. they are kind enough to let me sleep in their bed because i launder the linen.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Kitten

Yes. I've always had 2 cats at a time and they've always had their cat room. It's a small bedroom with a cat tree, litterbox, food and water, toys and grooming supplies.

Of course they usually had the run of the house, but if there were contractors over, who might leave outside doors or windows open, or if there were dangerous chemicals or paint out, or guests with dogs, or whatever, it was a comfortable and safe refuge.
plnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
Kitten

My two little ones have my son's old room. There is a twin bed and a chair. They spent their for two weeks with us in that room and we opened up the rest of the house slowly so they could get used to it. They are still too little and inquisitive to be roaming the house at night while we sleep so they are in their bedroom every night. As they get older I'm sure they will roam anywhere anytime, but they will always have a safe room with their beds, scratching post, litter box and toys. They often go into their room on their own to sleep so they are very comfortable in there.
mommacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

pretty sure the whole apt is hers and I'm allowed to live here. She lets me sleep in my bed so I'm all good.
soonersseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
Premier Cat

We only have 3 BRs. One is ours, one is hubby's study (he works from home sometimes) and one is supposed to be a guest BR. For 15 years I had it set up with a bed, dresser, etc., but it was hardly ever used - I considered it a waste of space. Several years ago I gave the bed to my adult son when he moved to Oregon and bought a high quality blow up queen bed which pretty much stays in the attic. The BR now is set up with 2 litter boxes, and a water bowl 24/7 and old outdoor chair cushions that act as comfy mats. We put them in there when we have dinner guests or parties. Not everyone likes 5 cats wandering around so we just put them in their room before the guests arrive (except our best friends - fellow cat lovers). The cats are none too happy about being up there, but they accept it just fine and just snooze until we let them out. The room is easily cleaned up and used as a nice guest bedroom again if needed - thankfully not too often because when that happens the litter boxes have to go in to the study or our BR. Not a fun option.
Other than that, our cats have the run of the house with access 24/7 to a screened in porch which they love all year round.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Cat Addict

My cats have the run of the house. We are lucky they let us live in it.
Jetlaya67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement