Cat tree/condo for a fluffy cat? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cat

GhostTown, why 6.5? I've been looking at Armarkat trees, wonder what the drawbacks are... It looks like my guy will grow into a big animal
purr machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I bought one of the fancy "premium" edition Armarkats and I'm not certain that I would buy one again. I really like how they are reconfigurable, I like the assembly method and the hardware, but the wood is warping in spots, and the base is way too small for it's height causing some stability issues when on carpet (always in my case).

That said, all three of my boys use it, and I was truly planning on replacing the wood with a true, stain-able hardwood anyway so I was expecting a project when I bought it.

GhostTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat

I like your tree! And the fact that it is solid wood! It looks well!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cool Cat

If you find a place to buy them at a reasonable price in Canada, please let me know. I have two friends that want one really bad, but they are too expensive.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cool Cat

If you have only one cat I wouldn't buy a huge tree, probably something that is 48" -56" that's what my old one was and it was fine for two cats but too small for 3.

As for shipping to Canada... Ridiculous. I wanted to order mine from the petsmart website for half price on cyber Monday .... Well shipping was $100 so it was the same as if I ordered it at a discount site. I got it on a wholesale site but shipping is still a lot so I won't be getting another tree for a very very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tom Cat

You could try Shelving. The adoption agency where we got our kits from had all kinds of shelves on the walls. The cats LOVED it.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Midnight doesn't seem to mind carpet
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3furbabies View Post
As for shipping to Canada... Ridiculous. I wanted to order mine from the petsmart website for half price on cyber Monday .... Well shipping was $100 so it was the same as if I ordered it at a discount site. I got it on a wholesale site but shipping is still a lot so I won't be getting another tree for a very very long time.
My 68" Amarcat was shipped to Canada for around 50USD. It is sorta high but the price+shipping is till a lot lower than the price in Canada, so I'm quite happy
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder View Post
Midnight doesn't seem to mind carpet
My boys prefer carpet, but it's difficult to clean long hair off of, wears out quickly, and looks like **** after a couple years.

With the bare wood I can utilize washable sleeping pads, blankets, etc. I plan on staining the new wood the same color as other woods around the house, too.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cat

On that note.. When I choose something that I remotely like and do not mind having in my living room, it costs a lot, and with added shipping on top it is 250 on the low side. That would be a lot if I 100% liked that tree, but I don't.

For example I like the one you GhostTown have, I think it has a lot of potential, you can use your own material for their sleeping spaces, and staining the wood would be just great for interior uniformity... But, it is 252 shipped to my house. It will have to stand on carpet in my house, so I dread the stability issues with my elephant jumping on it...

I think I was able to talk my husband into making a tree for Teddy using solid wood and some sisal rope. And I have an idea of covering some seating spaces with padded leather, Teddy's all time favorite material. This is just an idea, do you think leather would hold shape for at lest a few years? I trim his claws, but still, I do not want to redo his seats every couple months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement