A bit of an Update - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cat

Default A bit of an Update

For those of you who read my intro know I got Aria my 8 month old Siamese from a family who went and got a Bengal and decided not to keep Aria. She's been here almost 2 weeks. She has adjusted very well and rather quickly I may add. She sleeps with us at night and loves to play.

Now the first week she would meow every now and then but now she has become very vocal. I know Siamese are a very vocal cat I just didn't know it was this much lol. I don't mind though she is usually vocal when she wants something. Whether it be food, a treat, attention, she even gets vocal when she is finished using the litter box.

My kids love her dearly they all curl up together at night and it's adorable. She always wants to be where we are and only goes in to two rooms in our house our living room and my bedroom. I am shocked my husband has taken to her he is not much of a cat person but he lets her curl up by him when were on the couch and he pets and plays with her.

I am looking forward to a long happy life with her and so is the rest of my family I'm glad I was able to bring her somewhere that she is wanted and loved. Instead of being tossed away due to someone getting a different breed of cat.

AriasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I am happy for Aria. Sounds like she has an awesome home!
Jetlaya67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I'm glad she's happy and your family is happy too. Sounds like the perfect match! I really like Siamese cats, they're quite intelligent and fun. I have an 8 year old seal-lynx point colorpoint. I can't imagine ever getting rid of her, I really can't understand the mindset behind someone who thinks they are disposable. They really must not care.

My youngest chihuahua was surrendered at the shelter I volunteer at because they didn't want her anymore, they wanted a bigger dog. She was 1.5 years old and they had her since she was a puppy. I'm sure she was in a horrible abusive environment based on her behavior which is somewhat better now. I saw them at the shelter a couple weeks later wanting to adopt another dog, they did not. I took her home with me because she wouldn't eat and was very scared. It was only supposed to be for a short while. We decided to adopt her though because she wasn't getting much better and she needed to be with someone who would understand and not expect too much from her.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Sounds like a match made in heaven!! My friends have 2 Siamese, and they just adore them.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriasMom View Post
Now the first week she would meow every now and then but now she has become very vocal. I know Siamese are a very vocal cat I just didn't know it was this much lol. I don't mind though she is usually vocal when she wants something. Whether it be food, a treat, attention, she even gets vocal when she is finished using the litter box.
vocal they are. i've been around or owned siamese cats all my life, i only have one DSH, but she has been hypervocalizing lately. my vet thinks it's probably due to her age (15) and the fact that she's progressively become blind.

one of mine sits far away from my bed and howls kind of, when he wants to play. usually right after i go to bed. then the howling will get muffled and he jumps on my bed with a toy in his mouth lol.

the other one is fairly quiet except on one occasion: if he doesn't get the food he wants. he's really picky and sometimes puts on a show like he won't eat (he does later when nothing else appears) but he zooms from room to room and kind of sits on the footboard like a mountain and hollers. it's a funny meow.

the only drawback to siamese i've had is bad teeth. i had to have one's (he passed away at 17) teeth completely removed because of advanced gum disease and tooth decay (it was like that when i got him at 2, i just didn't know it). all of them but the fangs in front. it's just one of those things that's genetic for siamese, and i wouldn't have known but he started crying all the time so i took him to the vet. he was only 3. otherwise, they're fantastic and playful and live a bit longer than other breeds. it's not unusual to have one 22, 23 years.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cat Addict

That's wonderful!
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tom Cat

That's really good news.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

heston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cat Addict

We don't have a Siamese; we have a Balinese. They share many of the traits of their Siamese cousins. Our Lacey (a seal point) is very vocal around mealtime and when she wants out of a room. She will literally start howling to be let out. She also does really cute things like grab our hands with her paws when she wants petting and she plays fetch with pipe cleaners. She is very affectionate, but she is not too quick to forgive if you manhandle her. She loves to cuddle more so than the other cats and will hang out all day on you if you have a nice warm blanket. They have very unique in your face kind of personalities.

I am very glad Aria found a loving forever home. You will enjoy her very much since you can appreciate her uniqueness.

dweamgoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat

Glad she found a home that will appreciate her.
gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cat

Thank you everyone she has came around so quickly she is like my shadow everywhere I am at she wants to be. She has became a big part of our family we got her shortly after my pit bull of 8yrs passed away she has helped fill the void I don't know if she knows I am still hurting over that or what but she loves to lay beside me and lick me I couldn't ask for a better cat. my daughter even dresses her up which she has recently been doing lol thank you all so much for your kind words.

AriasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement