Should I or shouldn't I? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Lol, I wasn't planning on get a cat from online, I just like looking occasionally. I truly think she is planning on keep the cats now, we have been conversing and she was asking me advice on how ot maintain the big fluffy coats, etc.

Last edited by marie73; 02-02-2013 at 05:38 PM.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3furbabies View Post
I also should mention who knows if she is telling the truth or not.
lol. don't you just hate that about people? and because i've learned the hard way, i just wouldn't have said anything to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
I agree with the others even though I have never heard of the site you mention and would never even think of buying a cat on the internet.
awww. i bought a cat on the internet LMAO. i really hate admitting that i went to craig's list looking for a siamese kitten. i went to all the shelters first, and the siamese rescue in greeley, and there were no kittens to be found. i had a siamese for 17 years, and when he passed away, my then 10 y.o. cat was so grief-stricken she cried nonstop for three months. i couldn't take it anymore, and it was only five months after my other cat died so that's probably why i thought i had to have a siamese. i probably didn't, but in retrospect i was on the right track with kitten. anyway, i have been punished sufficienly for doing that and will never do that again.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Sheer curiosity but how have you been punished?
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cat Addict

lol. (btw, the two cats in my avatar are the ones i'm talking about.)

baci was the most beautiful lilac-point i have ever seen. about nine months later, he started to pee in my bed. he even peed ON me a couple of times and i was bedridden. this went on for about two years, and i tried everything except making him wear diapers.

he's almost six now and hasn't done it for 2 1/2 years. (all he wanted was a litter box by my bed. i just don't speak cat.) i know this had nothing to do with buying a cat on the internet but he's he only cat i've ever had elimination problems with, so it was a nightmare.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Thanks for the explanation!!
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I really hope she's serious about keeping the kitties and not just trying to sort of buy your silence. What can I say, I'm cynical.

Did she ever say why she wanted to sell the kitten?
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Nope, she never said and I never asked. By the sounds of it she just got these 2 a month or so ago. The cat that is my cat's daughter was also a breeder(shes still listed as a breeder on the breeders website but that hasnt been updating in a long time). She's really small for her breed so she must have retired her and this person got her the same time she got the kitten(I'm assuming). I think it may be the hair that she is sick of as she kept complaining and asking me how I deal with it. She seems to really care for them too and wants to keep them now but like you, I am cynical. lol.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I'm glad she is (apparently) keeping the cats, but I'm also not convinced she actually learned her lesson - especially since the ad wasn't taken down.

I would still casually mention the ad to the breeder, especially if it's staying up. Even if the owner is keeping the cats for now, she may change her mind in the future, and it sounds like she needs to be reminded of the rehoming policy.

Since the ad was posted in public, it's not like anyone's privacy is being violated.

The Boys: Maisie (age 9, adopted 2007,) Zephyr (age 8, adopted 2006,)
Bentley
(age 3, adopted 2013,) and foster kitty Cullen
Blakeney Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default Should I or shouldn't I?

I'm also not entirely convinced. I just have a bad feeling this would come bite me in the behind as the breeder doesn't seem to give a hoot once the cat is gone(I tried several times to contact her after I got Sasha, sent pictures, updates ,etc and never got one response). I may create a fake email and send it to her from there just in case.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement