Eating your food after your cat nibbled on it? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

My cats don't try to eat what I'm eating, but they do love to drink my water. I have even caught my dog drinking my water (THESE animals have 3 clean, fresh water bowls, but they think mine must be better). I drink after them all the time... probably wouldn't do it if I were immuno-compromised or something.
spidermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default Eating your food after your cat nibbled on it?

For me it depends. I left a sandwich on the counter and turned to put the bread away and one of my cats had 1/4 of my sandwich destroyed. I cut that part off and ate the rest. If they taste my tea or water I don't mind.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

mumof7kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Mine don't try to eat my food but they do drink water if I leave it out. I just have a water bottle by my bed now instead of a glass of water. I don't give them human food so they are good about not bothering me when I'm eating (or if they do come up on my lap, they are looking for cuddles not food).
Tiliqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermilk View Post
My cats don't try to eat what I'm eating, but they do love to drink my water. I have even caught my dog drinking my water (THESE animals have 3 clean, fresh water bowls, but they think mine must be better).
My guys do this with the cup my retainer soaks in. Three separate water bowls in the house, changed at least once a day, but they like my 3 inch tall cup with my germs soaking in it instead.

So far as eating after them...I've absolutely done it, but it depends on the situation. I don't like to drink something they've put their tongue in, but I'll eat around something that they've taken a lick or small bite of. And cat hair on food doesn't bother me...I just pick it off. If I threw away all the food in the house with cat hair on it, I'd starve to death. Extra fiber, as my mother always said when I was growing up.
Venusworld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I'm a terrible mom about this. I'll happily share my food with MowMow... he's welcome to lick swipes off my ice cream (a few dainty licks), but Shepherd Book isn't allowed to. I share with him, but he has to wait for me to spoon him out some and put it on a napkin/plate/whatever for him.

Not very fair of me, I know...but for some reason MowMow germs don't bother me...

& Krissy - Janitor, KitterKat Club Enterprises
MowMow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Kitten

My black cat will stick his whole face in my food if he could. I think it is disgusting and feel like I have a plate of wasted food, if there is a cat hair I find, I pick it out, but it is still a little eww.. :p. If my cat like ate out of a corner of my plate, where I could clear a lot of it away, I might eat the rest.

Like, even if a fly landed on just one side of my plate, I'd have to throw the whole plate of food away. I am weird like that, haha..

Last edited by LadyLioness; 02-18-2013 at 11:44 AM.
LadyLioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

My cat never goes for my food. I trained him very well on this. Two days in a row he tried begging with me I stood up and shouted "NO!" now he just ignores me when it comes to food unless I'm cooking, then I let him sit on the stool next to the stove and investigate. Beyond that.. he stays away. He's also very good at staying off the kitchen counter and table.
AaronR1074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I guess I'm in minority here because no I wouldn't eat anything Autumn licked. Cats have a huge amount of bacteria in their mouth and as much as I love Autumn, I just do not want to share that bacteria with her.

She is not interested in people food at all which is a very good thing. If I see a hair in my food I'm done whether it's mine or hers. That's one thing I can't stand and never could.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

heston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I should stress that I won't even share silverware/food with relatives much less strangers. I won't even eat out of a community dip bowl unless I can get to it as the first person and spoon some on a plate. I wouldn't even share a glass with my ex husband.

It's ONLY with MowMow that I don't get grossed out if he shares.

& Krissy - Janitor, KitterKat Club Enterprises
MowMow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Every once in a while I will find Winston taking a lick or mouthful of something. The only thing I will not use after he has gotten into it is the butter. I can see where his tongue has been. He is a pretty good cat and does not get into much, butter is another story. What he loves to do is lick my son's cereal bowl after he is done with it. He likes the leftover milk.
Jetlaya67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement