Tidy Cats Formula Change - Need New Litter - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Kitten

I'm currently using Arm and Hammer in the green box. I changed from what I was using and I wish I hadn't. The AH is so fine and scatters all over. The smell is terrible and does not mask anything! It almost smells like it's sour after a piddle. I have to keep my scentsy plugged in where I have the litter box.

I'm a new pet parent but I think I may go back to what I used before. Just my 2 cents on AH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 02:10 PM
Premier Cat

Ugh, that sucks, Tiff88. I didn't know A&H had so many variations of their "Clump & Seal".

Which litter were you use before?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 03:27 PM
Kitten

I was using tidy cats with galde. It was larger granules and wasn't as dusty either. But it wouldn't leave an umbarable odor like the AH microguard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 03:55 PM
Premier Cat

Oh, and I thought the Tidy Cats with Glade was horrid...I guess there can always be something worse, but I hope I never have to try it! That's an extra reminder for me to never stray away from unscented litter...I don't want to have to combat 2 odors vs. 1!

I think the finer the granules are, the more dusty it is, and more places the litter carry off to. So I'm not ever going to try any "lightweight" version either, btw.

Last edited by TabbCatt; 08-28-2016 at 03:57 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Cat

The Arm & Hammer I used wasn't in a green box, (I think it was called Double Duty, or something like that), but the scent of that one was also just not okay. Oddly, the box didn't even advertise that it was a scented formula. I've seriously never smelled a litter so bad though... it made my stomach turn. This is fresh litter I'm talking about too! I make sure to only buy A&H that specifically states that it is unscented now.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 03:26 AM
Kitten

My cats seem to prefer unscented litter. Although we scoop 3 - 4 times daily and empty and bleach the boxes every two days, I use a stick-up deodorant thingy above the boxes in case someone gets ... well ... gassy.

Cats tread lightly but leave their pawprints on your heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page