Litter Robot Classic Question - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Litter Robot Classic Question

I recently purchased a previously-owned Litter Robot Classic. It appears to be in good condition and my small 3Kg girl has taken to it immediately, now preferring it to her old ‘normal’ box.

One thing I’ve noticed is that the rubber lining inside the globe is fairly loose and ill fitting. Not having owned a LR before, I’m uncertain if it’s supposed to be bonded to the inner side of the globe or fastened in a few places and a little 'baggy'.

When I first filled the LR up to the level indicated on the rubber lining and cycled it, a large amount of fresh litter was emptied into the tray. This made me wonder if perhaps the rubber lining has become unbonded from the globe, thereby reducing the volume of litter held within it. This might explain why so much litter was dumped into the tray, even though the maximum litter level was not exceeded.

Any comments from those who own this model gratefully received
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:14 AM
Cat

I have that model and I think the rubber lining is like that to 'knock off' any sticky clumps. As far as I can tell, the large amount of litter dump on the first cycle is because of over-filling--the max line is truly the ABSOLUTE max and any hump in the middle or bump is a no-go. It is VERY strict about the max line and the max litter is the bottom of the max line, just barely touching it, as far as I can tell.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Many thanks for your reply.

Glad to hear mine is 'normal'

Last edited by marie73; 09-13-2016 at 01:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Jr. Cat

Spidercatshuman is exactly right! The "loose lining" is completely normal and part of the design to help with any stuck-on clumps.

The Litter-Robot will dump out extra litter when it is overfilled (as Spidercatshuman said). Just be sure to keep the litter at or just below the raised fill line and you should be good to go!

If you ever have any questions or issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our awesome customer service team at support@litter-robot.com They'd be happy to help!

Cheers!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litter-Robot View Post
Spidercatshuman is exactly right! The "loose lining" is completely normal and part of the design to help with any stuck-on clumps.

The Litter-Robot will dump out extra litter when it is overfilled (as Spidercatshuman said). Just be sure to keep the litter at or just below the raised fill line and you should be good to go!

If you ever have any questions or issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our awesome customer service team at support@litter-robot.com They'd be happy to help!

Cheers!
Many thanks for your reply

It's working really well for my smaller cat who's a 'jumper'.

I'm thinking of putting it on a mains timer so it doesn't cycle during the night.

Would that be okay to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page