Anyone lock their cat out of the room due to lack of sleep? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 04:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cat

Default Anyone lock their cat out of the room due to lack of sleep?

whenever i go to sleep, my kitten insists on always going under my blanket and leaning her body against my waist... at first it's sort of nice and all but i get stiff and get woken up every so often during the night!

i really have no choice tho because i have to go to work early in the morn
lapchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2004, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I get less sleep when I lock them out (I only did it once) because they scream at the door!!

By ForJazz

"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat." - Ellen Perry Berkeley
catobsessed4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

My cats don't sleep in my bedroom at night. When I just had one cat, she meowed at my door all night, but once I got her some playmates that stopped.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cat Addict

My cat Cheyenne sleeps right between the pillows at night. With some visits from Teddy sleeping behind my legs, and Oreo coming to check on me to see if I'll pet of(if not, he's gone lol)
Old 07-13-2004, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cat Addict

My kittens has had to adapt to the fact that we sleep in a closed bedroom at night. The bedroom is off limit for them during all hours of the day. No screaming or anything like that when we go to bed.
CyberPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Addison usually stays out of my way while I sleep, but sometimes I roll over and kind of lay on him until he wakes me up yelling at me. Then he moves somewhere else that I'll end up on top of him

I leave my door open most of the time, but my brother (who hates the cat) tries to close it before he goes to bed. One night he did this not realizing the cat was not in my room. I didn't hear anything (maybe because I was dead asleep) until about 4am when he was howling. I ignored it assuming he was in my room until my mom came down the hall and opened the door asking why I locked him out! I felt really bad that day

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
OsnobunnieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Premier Cat

My cats have always slept in my room, on my bed. I have a harder time sleeping if they are NOT there, becaause it seems like something is missing.......AND they scream at the door, and Gaylord tries to open it with his paws
Ianthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cat Addict

When Barnaby was a kitten he used to curl up against me and I couldn't sleep well because I was always afraid I would roll onto him so I used to lock him out. Now when he sleeps on the bed he lays down at the bottom in his own space. Every once in a while when I'm rolling over I end up kicking him and I always feel bad about that.

Richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Default I do..

Well every now and then if I'm feeling adventerous I leave the door open and Kiera will come in and bug me, but overall, I need to kick her out or else I won't sleep. I'm a really light sleeper so noses in my face, the "thud" when she jumps on or off the bed.. it really disrupts my sleep and I need to get up early too.

I just got a bigger bed, and there is space to climb underneath, so I there is more places for Kiera to poke around, and enough space that she could sleep on the bed with me if she wanted, but usually I have to kick her out at some point or I won't get a good night's rest.

Usually she is ok... only starts meowing at the door the next morning and wants to play the whole time I am getting ready for work!

-Heather
violina23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

Default eep

my furballs always seem to want to play in the bed at night, or want to sleep on my face. so much for that.
triniphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement