I think my cat is in love with me! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 02:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default I think my cat is in love with me!

Hi! I'm new here, this seems like a great place to get information...Here's the story:

I got my male tabby back (runt of the litter) in 1998 when he was just 6 weeks old. He has always had some behavioral issues. He is rather aggressive, but never mean, he just lets you know in no uncertain terms that he is unhappy with you and makes sure you know your place. He never really bites, just warns, and lets you know when ever he feels slighted, which is often. He is really curious and always getting into trouble. He was actually once banned from a certain vet for being aggressive! He just has a 'tude, if you know what I mean.

One thing he has done since he was a kitten was try to suck on my ear every change he gets! I used to sleep with my blankets over my head so he couldn't get to me! Now, it is less frequent, thankfully. He was really unrelenting in this. Do you think that is normal behavior? I think he maybe was weened too young...he had been found in a church parking lot when he was less than a week or two old (Ack! Who would do that?)

One other issue, which I think is pretty unusual, although it doesn't bother me that much, is that he stares at me in the eyes, but it is not aggressive. You can tell he is really thinking nice thoughts! This can go on for 15 minutes or more. He actually stands at my bed while sleeping at just stares down at me--so my husband says. We had been separated for quite a few years and a got him back 2 years ago, after my sister, who was watching him that whole time passed away. I remember the first few hours he didn't seem to recognize me, but then suddenly he looked over at me and you could see him have a sort of epiphany, like he suddenly realized it was his old mommy. He jumped up on me and started meowing and staring. My husband was there and couldn't believe what he was seeing. We still talk about that to this day! It was so bizarre. Do you think cats can have memories from when they were one year old? I adore this cat, he is really sweet and kind towards the other animals, especially his brother, who he grew up with. They are inseparable and snugly all the time.

On another note: My female calico...who is my sweetest cat, now and then tries to groom my head of long hair. She'll jump up on the couch and tries to comb out my hair with her teeth, while purring. Otherwise she is pretty standoffish, very shy and docile.

Is this my cat's way of showing love? Or are they just appreciating that I feed them. They know I am their next meal! Also, the behavior is just directed at me..no one else.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
BTW, I wrote "He is pis*ed at you" and the thing edited it to say "urinates at you", LOL...so I had to edit it, obviously. Is pis*ed a bad word...LOL???
tosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 04:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default Re: I think my cat is in love with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosca
Do you think cats can have memories from when they were one year old? I adore this cat, he is really sweet and kind towards the other animals, especially his brother, who he grew up with. They are inseparable and snugly all the time.
Hi welcome!

I think both dogs and cats do remember certian times of their lives. I mean look at some animals that are abused THey are so terrified if humans come around them. It is hard at times when the animal is looking at you or making too much noise, not knowing what he or she wants? Happy times - I know that I treat my kitty much more nicer than my husband but I guess that's just a guy thing...I mean playing rough with him. I read somewhere about how cats look into our eyes or vis versa and I guess they are just seeing what us humans are up to, or they want to be petted , played with , cuddled...etc I know with my cat, when he looks into my eyes, he either wants food or just to see what I am doing at that time. I noted before in another thread that my cat follows me everywhere around the house...from the bathroom, to cleaning, and sleeping with us snuggled up against me(under the covers)or just relaxing on my lap.

But you tell you the truth, I know my cat loves me more than my husband..
Old 03-21-2009, 01:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungeun11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosca
Do you think cats can have memories from when they were one year old? I adore this cat, he is really sweet and kind towards the other animals, especially his brother, who he grew up with. They are inseparable and snugly all the time.
Hi welcome!

I think both dogs and cats do remember certian times of their lives. I mean look at some animals that are abused THey are so terrified if humans come around them. It is hard at times when the animal is looking at you or making too much noise, not knowing what he or she wants? Happy times - I know that I treat my kitty much more nicer than my husband but I guess that's just a guy thing...I mean playing rough with him. I read somewhere about how cats look into our eyes or vis versa and I guess they are just seeing what us humans are up to, or they want to be petted , played with , cuddled...etc I know with my cat, when he looks into my eyes, he either wants food or just to see what I am doing at that time. I noted before in another thread that my cat follows me everywhere around the house...from the bathroom, to cleaning, and sleeping with us snuggled up against me(under the covers)or just relaxing on my lap.

But you tell you the truth, I know my cat loves me more than my husband..
Haha, that is funny. Sometimes I think my cat loves me more than my husband, too! And I think I love him more than my husband! Well, I mean, there are no real "degrees" of love, are there? You either love, or you don't.
tosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Haha they love there mommy
Old 04-02-2009, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tom Cat

me and my cat have staring contests lol, and usually i win!

one of my cats likes the taste of earwax. its funny how i found out. i had an itch in my ear and i scratched it while she was on my lap. when i went to grab her to place her on the floor so i could wash my hands she caught whiff of the earwax on my finger and started licking. if she ever figures out where the wax comes from ill be like you, hiding my ears lol
Jadedea Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement