Re: Why does she slap me?
HAH, BroganMC... that's the exact same thing Miu does. It'll be with anyone, either Rocky the dog or any of the humans. Hiding and then pouncing at the ground in front of the feet, then dashing off at top speed. I think it's a signal saying 'catch me, I wanna play!' She's still young and playful. It's hard to wear out a growing kitty! Continue to play with her if she smacks but substitute toys in lieu of your hands.
Well, I'm no expert and Miu still bites me on occasion. However, from what the other members say, whenever the cat bites, you can do one of several things (they haven't really 100% worked for me in the long run...but all cats are different).
1) Pushing your hand into her mouth in order to startle her or do the opposite of what she thinks you're going to do. She might let go at that point.
2) Substituting a toy into her mouth to show her it's okay to bite the toy and not you.
3) Emit a high pitched 'I'm hurt' cat sound. Hopefully, she'll get the message that this hurts and will stop.
4) Don't jerk your hand away fast and immediately as this may appear like you're playing with her.
5) When she bites, take your hand away slowly, turn your back and walk out of the room. Sometimes, affectionate/clingy cats may get the idea that if they bite = no more attention.