Kitten Sleeps With Butt In My Face - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Exclamation Kitten Sleeps With Butt In My Face

One of our kittens, Socks, likes to curl up next to my face when I'm sleeping in bed. She will come over sniff a little, find a nice spot to lay, and then snuggle right up in my face with her butt. What can I do about this? At first, I just let her, so I could just sleep at night but now, It's become annoying!
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I would put my butt in her face.

But that's just me
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cat

My Zoe does that to me all the time. Usually she sleeps partially on my head and I allow it. But if she jumps on my chest, turns around and puts her butt right in my face, of if she's getting comfy on my pillow and then angles herself so that her butt is on my head, I push her away. She will get the point and reposition herself.
StormChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premier Cat

You people just don't appreciate the honors bestowed up you by your kittys.

Some people have to pay for the refreshing scent of cat butt.

Dave_ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_ph View Post
You people just don't appreciate the honors
I don't know whether Dave thinks he's just making a joke, or not, but actually his comment is right on target. A cat displays trust and an invitation to get to know him/her better by presenting their back end and raising their tail. To actually sleep with her butt in your face shows enormous trust, and you thus know your cat is happy and and feeling secure with where she lives.
icatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

@icatguy--I had no idea that's what she was doing! I sleep on my side most of the night and she snuggles right there next to me. (She started out sleeping on my husband's head) and she never bothered with me. Sometimes she tries to sleep on my pillow while I'm trying to as well, and usually I let her. No point and moving her when I can share.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Cats presenting their butts, bellies and feet are bestowing The Ultimate sign of trust by giving you access to their most vulnerable areas. Most kitties are clean and I don't mind sleeping with them near my face, though none put their butt in my face. Usually it is their back/shoulders as they are curled right up against me.

They do turn-and-present when petting them, but again, that is a trust and greeting-ritual for cats. One member here will 'blow' a puff of air at their butt so the cat thinks it has been sniffed and will then turn around for proper head/neck petting once they feel the "social ritual" equivalent of a cat-handshake has been successfully completed.

If the kitty is plopping their butt right at your face on the pillow, simply gently and firmly reposition them. Just like some people and their varying social manners; some will get the hint and change their behavior, some you will simply have to constantly reposition until you are comfortable.
Heidi n Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement