Cats and Bleach - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Sammy goes crazy over bleach too!
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

All 3 of my cats are bleach lovers!
RuledByMiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivers-Slave View Post
Update: that idea of adding citrus to the bleach/water mixture seems to work wonders. I just squirt down the counters and oliver didn't even bat an eye. He sniffed for two seconds then went away. ^_^ awsomeness!
I hate to break your bubble, but adding anything to bleach defeats the purpose because it neutralizes it so to speak. It no longer will kill germs.

Same goes if you spray it on a surface that has dirt, crumbs. It needs to be washed first.
teasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Tom Cat

aw seriously? thats gay, **** oh well guess it will be back to the "no" every two seconds then lol
Old 09-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivers-Slave View Post
lol well that isn't very good news. Brazil isn't very big on antibacterial items so bleach kinda has been my last resort of sanitizing the areas. Especially when we handle so much raw meat on the counters...and the bathrooms have no vent to circulate air so mildew is a constant battle >.< guess I'll have to lock him away for a few hours while I clean if that is the case
There are bleach free cleaners available, and for your counter I would recommend the Oxo cutting board:
Amazon Amazon

Its a much safer surface for preparing your food, has rubberized sides, and easy to wash off or even throw in the dish washer for sanitation.

Just keep it in a cabinet when not in use.

After all, no matter how diligent you are, when your back is turned he could have stepped in his own poop in the litterbox and then right up onto your eating surface. YUMMY!!!
Ducman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Tom Cat

they would be fantastic if I could find em in brazil. it is pretty backwards with sanatary concerns come around. **** my husbands family doesn't even have the hot water OPTION on their kitchen sink, he says they had it but when they got the new sink put in just said nah we don't need it and didn't install it in the new sink -.-
Old 09-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Hi RuledByMiso,

Wow all three of your cats like bleach. Did they all "learn" that from one cat? Also do all three of your cats try to roll in bleach and "foam" at the mouth like my Momma cat does? Lastly lets not forget that the smell of the bleach will make Momma cat rub on that object and drool.
Cat Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Person View Post
Hi RuledByMiso,

Wow all three of your cats like bleach. Did they all "learn" that from one cat? Also do all three of your cats try to roll in bleach and "foam" at the mouth like my Momma cat does? Lastly lets not forget that the smell of the bleach will make Momma cat rub on that object and drool.
I actually discovered they liked bleach when I had 4 cats, all of which were adults. My mom had bought me some face cloths from a second hand store, and before bringing them to me, she washed them with bleach. I had never used bleach, so this was the first exposure my cats had had to bleach. When my mom set the bag of cloths down on my floor, all of my cats went nuts! They all tried to climb in the bag at once, and actually got in a pretty bad fight over one particular cloth. They shredded it and I had to lock the other cloths up in a cupboard to keep them away from them. I'd never seen anything like it! I will never was anything in bleach again!

Recently, my boyfriend and I washed our cement patio in bleach mixed with water to get rid of some grime. When we came in I told him to go straight in the bathroom and scrub his hands before the cats smelled the bleach as for some reason it turned them in to monsters. He did, then sat down on the coach. Within seconds he was covered in 3 cats! Izzy and Phillip rubbed on his hands and all over him, purring and rolling around frantically, and Miso got so overstimulated she kept nipping his hands!

Those are the only two times they've been exposed to bleach, and I plan to avoid having them around it again as they get so frantic. It's really strange.
RuledByMiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement