When to add a 2nd cat? and what type? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I wouldn't worry about male vs. female. In choosing your next cat, try to find a kitten that gets along with other cats, is around the same age as your male (say 6 months to a year), and has a similar personality. So, if your male is shy and quiet, choose another shy/quiet cat. If your male is very active and spunky, choose another active/spunky cat.
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kitten

My cat seems generally friendly towards me. He is active and likes to play a lot... he will play with people, or by himself. He shreds yarn and string, and plays with his cat toys when he is alone.

My only complaint with him is that I wish he'd be more of a lap cat, or sleep on my bed. He is resistant to those things for some reason.

The local shelter has 4 kittens by my house, but they are about 8 weeks old, and from the same litter. I'd hate to just take 1 of them away from the group, especially without knowing its eventual personality.

The shelter also has a small variety of cats under 1 year old, both male and female.
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat

^ Talk to the workers at the shelter you want to adopt from. They should be able to tell you which cat would fit your wants/needs and the personality/age/activity level of your cat. He seems to have a pretty mellow personality so he'll probably get along with almost any cat.
tigre86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement