Need some advice on behaviour - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth00117 View Post
Anyways, I am going to try talking to my old rescue to see if maybe bringing a foster over for a few days does anything, and maybe doing some outtings with Dexter on lead will help take his mind off things.

Any other suggestions, please do share.. as 'far out there' as you can think, I am willing to try almost anything.
I was just thinking how perhaps you could foster select cats in your home until you find one that will be right for Dexter...and perhaps eventually be ok for you to let stay....But you got there already. Maybe anti-depressent medication or accupuncture? I don't like medications, but they are right for some people.

I am so sorry for the loss of your soul mate!! It must be very difficult needing to heal in your own way and time, with Dexter being more demanding and not allowing you to do so. Hang in there!!
FranklinStreetWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarychick View Post

I've found every forum has a 'tone' and until you're used to the tone of the forum it can be hard to understand the place that comments come from. Unfortunately the only fix I've found is time...but I hope you'll stick around so we can get to know you better and you can get to know us
This is right. I have never thought about it like that, But that is so true. You have to throw yourself out there and get into the talk traffic.

Please stay, lots of nice people here.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat

Hi,

I am so sorry about Monkey. Dexter may just need some more time. We had to have our cat Felix put to sleep in April. His brother, Oscar, showed some of the same behaviors that Dexter has. It took Oscar a long time to adjust, but we, like you, just gave him extra time and attention and he is better now.

And, I know where you are with not wanting another cat. When we lost Sweetums, many years ago - I swore that I wouldn't get another cat - it was just so hard to let her go and I was very sad for a very long time That lasted three years, before we got Oscar and Felix as kittens. So, you will know if it is time to get another cat or to not get another cat. In the meantime, just give Dexter lots of love and attention.
OSCARSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Kitten

Thank you everyone for your kind words and suggestions. We are continuing to work with Dexter and are crossing our fingers we will see some progress soon. I will keep everyone updated.
elisabeth00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement