Bathtub Pooper! - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinStreetWest View Post

She has the richest, long-haired coat that looks like a melting, turtle sundae...recently stirred into a swirl. With caramel/peridot eyes to match. She drapes in your arm like a ragdoll, as soon as you pick her up. And she is a comical klutz, with a devilish mind that seems to be working things out all the time.

Any suggestions?
I dont need the pic ( cute tho) That is one of the best descriptions I have ever read. You Love your cat!!!
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

After she recovered from the indignity of jumping into "her litter box" and finding it shallowly filled with water, I tried coaxing her into the bathroom, where the litter box is kept. Then I placed her in the litter box. She gave me a very indignant look, stood on her tippy-toes utterly disgusted, jumped and ran.

I gave her a little more time to dry herself off and relax. Then I tried again to get her to the box and into the box. She gave me the same indignant look, but this time she must have remembered she needed to go to the bathroom. She did her business and launched herself out of the box and past me in one leap.

Mike, my other half, is completely distressed by this whole ordeal. Anything that causes them discomfort really nerves him up. After one dunk in the tub, he is ready to drain it and just pretend like the pooping in the bathtub really isn't happening. It feels like I am training two individuals....sigh.
FranklinStreetWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Another successful litter box visit. This time, Mike noticed that she was in the bathroom mewing...so he went in and put her in the box. She used the kitty potty again. She will be on her own through the night. I expect to find a poop-present in a corner in the morning. I just hope that being there to change her habits all day will start to condition her to the use of the box overall.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

HAPPY DAY! No presents in the corners, or anywhere inappropriate. No evidence that she used the box either, she probably just held it.
I let Mike finish his morning routine of feeding and what-not. Waited for everyone to finish eating and for all the in & out to cease with the outdoor cats and the dog. When all the sisters had settled into their stalk and investigate mode for the morning, I grabbed Turtle and put her in the litter box. I decided to work proactively...more like potty training a puppy. After all, if she were a puppy I wouldn't wait for the accident to happen, I would take her outside frequently until she learned to ask to go when she needed to. As soon as I put her in the box she decided that she had to potty.

I also learned why no one likes to use the litter box in the back-room. The back-room is also the "play-room", and the litter box in there has a clear lid. As soon as Turtle had settled down to do her business, her littermate and the triplets all had to come see what was goin on...and bat at her through the lid...Bunny (her littermate) even crawled in with her and decided to potty too! Rotten sisters!!! Can't give a girl some peace while she's tryin to poop...
Old 11-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Old 11-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cat

Turtle is gorgeous !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
crazyismycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyismycat View Post
Turtle is gorgeous !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Thank You! She is my little doll...

And she pooped in the litter box all on her own this morning! I am feeling encouraged that there is hope for her yet.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Bathtub is still filled with water, and we are still accident free and pooping in the box!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Franklin, this is way off topic but your kitten is too cute!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Does the litter box in the bathroom have a lid/hood on it? I'm trying to think of possible differences between the tub and the box. Perhaps the tub feels more "private" for her, if the litter box doesn't have a lid?
Venusworld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement