"Houston, we have a problem..." - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Those sweet innocent faces couldn't possibly have made that mess. I think they're being framed .

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicichan View Post
My cat doesn't unroll toilet rolls, instead she claws, bunny kicks and bites it if I leave it on the holder and the roll is usually unusable after that and there are shreds of toilet paper everywhere!
This and it goes double for rolls of paper towels. I don't ever put it on the roller anymore. It sits up high on the towel rack where they can't reach it. The paper towels I just stopped buying and use dishtowels/rags instead. They can both get in the cabinets and trash them in there and there's no where to hide them they don't find.... so yeah...

& Krissy - Janitor, KitterKat Club Enterprises
MowMow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

My guy Taz got into the roll in the downstairs bath this morning. He's 4 now, and for the last, oh 4 years we haven't been able to keep a roll ON the holder without it being an open invitation for destruction.

House rule says TP stays on the shelves above the toilet. Anyone caught putting toilet paper on the holder must clean up the impending mess.

Apparently the TP was whispering to my Taz this morning. Taunting the boy, teasing him until he snuck into the bathroom while I was feeding my kittens this morning.

I turned the corner to witness the destruction. The poor TP roll didn't stand a chance.
Malaika219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

And paper towel too. It must remain on the high shelves that they can't get to. Or tissue paper. Or bubble wrap. Or wrapping paper. Or receipts.

My cats are the reason I can't have nice things. But I love them regardless.
Malaika219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Cat

lol!

thank goodness my kitties didn't see your post! Don't give them ideas, they've ignored the tp so far....
CJinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Mine don't do this but Sasha(the cat in my siggy) *loves* to chew the toilet roll holder and especially loves to chew the shower curtain and the curtain liner (I have replaced this 2x and now gave up). I always now keep the bathrooms shut... but if I am in there and step out to grab something, I go back in there (litterally a few secs later) and she is chewing the darn curtain again. I wish I could be more help with crazy kitten antics but I am still figuring this out myself.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cool Cat

They make toilet paper roll covers. Search EZ load toilet paper holder, for example.

As for why.....why not? Cats like to hunt and kill. Toilet paper is very fun and satisfying to kill.
lovetimesfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrrrr View Post
WHY would these non-sentient, pea-size-brained, non-opposable-thumbed little beasts engage in such mischievous behavior???
Non-sentient!

I think you answered your own question with that description. The pea-size-brained, non-opposable-thumbed little beasts have climbed up a rung on the evolutionary ladder, possibly displacing the larger-size-brained, opposable-thumbed large beasts supposedly at its top.

spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tom Cat

One of Ritz' litter mates liked to climb in between her foster mom and her, um, undergarmets when she was using the Human Litter Box. Perhaps litter mate was trying to discern the use of and/or advantages/disadvantages of Paper vs. Litter.
Ritzpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement