Favouritism! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Question Favouritism!

Good morning everyone!
Here is a silly question for ya....for anyone who has a significant other or someone else in their household, do you feel like your cat favorites one over the other?
Every morning between 4:30a and 6:00a I get woken up to tinny little kitty teeth on my noze...and my fiance gets woken up as well, but he only gets purrs beside his ear!
Anyone see a significance to this? Why do I get bites on the noze and he gets purrs?! LOL They are starting to hurt....
Ragdoll_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cat

Hehe thats so cute that she nibbles your nose!

My friends cat licks her face to wake her up and bites her fingers if that doesnt work. I don't know why the nibbling but I guess it's affection? The purring could be for you too?

My cat Tinker favours me over my boyfriend. Last night we let him sleep upstairs with us and he came to my side of the bed and kept doing little baby meows at me because he wanted up by me.. He likes to get as close to me as possible with his head on half of my pillow and the covers over him. I can't sleep for toffee like that but it's what I get for letting him sleep upstairs. He does eventually move to the bottom of the bed between me and my boyfriend only because I huff and puff and try to move him a bit so that I can get comfy but every time I manage to make a bit of room for myself he stretches out in it! Then in the morning he gets off the bed (between 3am and 4am), meows and paws at the big mirror and then launches on my boyfriend giving him a heart attack and comes back to me for another snuggle!
Pushkabounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cat

heh YES. Oliver no-paws-barred loves me over my bf. He follows me like a dog, I have him trained with some dog-like tricks and I usually sit on the floor and play with him (or play chase).. And my bf just rough houses him moreso. Oliver prefers to be a momma's boy lol
I'm sort of afraid for when we get a dog bc I know the dog will prefer me to him and he really has his heart set on having his mastiff but I'm more interactive with the pets.
OliverandCo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Now to figure out if the bites means she loves me more or less LOL!
It's ofen that she doesnt wake my fiance at all....
Ragdoll_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I use to get my toes bitten now I just get cuddles.
BigDaveyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Cat

i think maybe the kitties end up favoring the family member who spends the most time with them and cares for them the most. i feel like our kitties are smart enough to know that Mom is the one who feeds them most of their meals, reads to them, gives them belly rubs, brushes them and cleans their eyes and noses, speaks softly, etc...more so than Dad. so, i like to think that's why they like to sleep on MY chest more than Dad's.

it's wonderful that you get the nibbles. sorry that they are starting to hurt, tho. darn!
maggie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

It's hard to say with the information given, but it sounds like she's probably bonding with you more. By biting your nose, she is demanding your attention. Purring by your boyfriends ear is just showing that she is comfortable and content enough to lay next to his head.

An old roommate's cat used to wake her up every morning by biting her nose, and that cat LOVES her.
sarasaurusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My cats anna and sasha are bonded to me. Sophie recently bonded to my bf. It's funny because his favourit cat is anna. Sasha follows me around and tells me when its bed time and won't settle until I am in bed and she is right beside my face. Anna recently became a lap cat and anytime she sees my legs stretched out, she takes it as an invitation. Sophie who is very anti-cuddly recently started to sit beside my bf on the couch and she now will occasionally nap on his lap(never thought I would see the day).

I spend the most time with them all so not sure how they choose who to bond with.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Sadie is in general a very friendly cat, but when I have visitors, she much prefers the men over the women. I have no idea why that would be.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Oh gosh yes! We have five permanent cats...Persephone likes me way better. Diablo favors me too. Daytona loves my wife. Papito loves everyone, but especially loves my wife. Erek ignores us both equally.
Venusworld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement