does cats act this way? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Smile does cats act this way?

hey there ...three months back i got myself two kittens one male n one female from a cattery service i wanted the male but i was told they were both together since they were two weeks old so i didnt want poor babies crying and looking for eachother so i got both of them...at first when i brought them home they were sooooo many fleas on them so i took them to vet and got them treated then got them dewormed and one of them had ringworm and my entire family got it from my kitten...everyone kept telling to let these two go bu i didnt i ve been taking care of them like i would take care of my own babies named them Lion-o and Delilah now by the Grace of God both of them are healthy and active and got no issues at all..i am basically a dog person never had any cat before these two so i was hoping if anyone of u would be kind enough to tell me if whatever is confusing me is normal....firstly Lion-o sleep with me since day one he isnt clingy but follows me around only responds to me someone else tries feeding him or calling him he runs to me both of them doesnt like to cuddle bu Lion-o recently started puttin his head on my pillow facing me i turn around in sleep he pokes me with his paw so i have to turn my face back at him and he then puts his paw on my cheek sometimes he takes my hand between his paws while sleeping....is it normal or should i be worried that he is missing his old cattery?

secondly,Delilah is the cautious one...doesnt trust anyone she used to sleep near fire place bu a month back i got back home from work and found she was hurt i dont know how bu her chin was bleeding i took her to vet and got her all sorted out cuddled alottttt now suddenly shez touching my face with her paws too sleeps in my room and every morning she sits on my pillow and licks my hair till i get up and since yesterday she gets on my lap climb up a little and start licking my hair...

i will be really grateful if anyone can tell if what they are doing is normal?
pic 1 Lion-o,pic2 Delilah(one eye shinning too much thats my bad photography skill)
Attached Thumbnails
does cats act this way?-liono-delilah-001.jpg   does cats act this way?-beads-015.jpg  
samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

Default pretty normal, but

First of all, two weeks old is way too soon to be taken from their mother. Not sure what happened there or what a cattery is. They may be anxious because of this but seem to have bonded to you.

Usually kittens are more "in your face" in the sleeping arrangement, but usually as they grow up, want a little more detachment so will sleep at your feet. You will have to train them not to claw at you or lick you by making that uncomfortable for them like put them on the floor whenever they do it. But they will probably just jump back up and do it anyway lol. They will have to learn to trust other people slowly by slow introduction to being picked up by strangers and stuff but they may never get used to strangers after being adopted so young and just because. It is good that they have bonded to you though.

Tom D.
BeguiledbyFiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

The OP said they've been together since they were 2 weeks, not that she got them at two weeks.

I doubt Lion-o is missing the cattery, considering he was flee infested when you got him...doesn't sound like he was well taken care of.

Did you figure out what happened with Delilah's chin? Sometimes they can get cat acne on their chin and scratching it a lot will cause it to bleed. One way to prevent cat acne is to feed and water them out of glass bowls and not plastic. Plastic will harbor bacteria which causes the acne.

I think what they are doing is normal. They like ya!

Heather102180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

yes i did get it checked no feline acne but still wondering how did she get hurt .....aww thanks made me feel better about this whole thing

Last edited by marie73; 11-22-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeguiledbyFiona View Post
First of all, two weeks old is way too soon to be taken from their mother. Not sure what happened there or what a cattery is. They may be anxious because of this but seem to have bonded to you.

Usually kittens are more "in your face" in the sleeping arrangement, but usually as they grow up, want a little more detachment so will sleep at your feet. You will have to train them not to claw at you or lick you by making that uncomfortable for them like put them on the floor whenever they do it. But they will probably just jump back up and do it anyway lol. They will have to learn to trust other people slowly by slow introduction to being picked up by strangers and stuff but they may never get used to strangers after being adopted so young and just because. It is good that they have bonded to you though.

Tom D.

they are fine with strangers they just prefer me over every1 Delilah was my dadz girl licked him followed him and when she got injured he wasnt in town i took care of her now shez more of my girl then his lol(makes him jealous) and yes both were together since they were two weeks old i didnt get them when they were two weeks old i got them when they were about 2.5 months old
Old 11-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cat

That cattery sounds awful!! Fleas and ringworm. My goodness.

They sound like normal kittens to me. At least they're cuddly! lol my beast of a cat acts like a kitten and it hurts!
btw, those pics are CUTE! You have some really cute cats.

She could have bumped her chin, or scratched it or they could have been wrestling and gone a little too far. As long as the vet says it's okay, then no worries for now. KEep an eye on her though.
OliverandCo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

Awwww thank u appreciate it it does make me feel better i ve put some serious work n effort for them to get rid of all those parasites and all...ur beast of a cat atleast lets u rest i suppose these babies of mine are two restless souls lol adorable rascals they are bu they dnt sleep n doesnt leme sleep as well n i need to sleep

Last edited by marie73; 11-22-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

heather, i never knew that about plastic dishes, tho it makes perfect sense. My cat Fiona had constant scabs at the top of her legs and recently had them below her chin although that cleared up. the vet had some ideas but nothing helped. Actually food change helped some. The vet never mentioned acne. I will change her bowls. Every little bit might help.
BeguiledbyFiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat

my cat touches my face with the paw and licks hair when he wants attention. I used to let him sleep with me and he would do it every morning. I interpret it as "mommy wake up, i'm bored". He always has food in his bowl so it's not that he is hungry, however he doesn't like to eat alone. He wants me to go with him and he eats while I'm cooking breakfast. Now I lock my room for the night and first thing in the morning when I come out he greets me with the stretch and licks my hair and touches faces with his paws when I pick him up for cuddles.

Gosha - shy 5 y.o. Rasta - vicious kitten
gosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

Thank you all for your help however there is one more thing i want to know
its been ten days Delilah started pooping on floor i tried everything tried new trays
new litter brand and texture new place but she keeps pooping on floor she is fine no
infections or anything she pees in her litter tray but poops on toilet floor what do i do
to make her use her litter again it will help a lot if simeone tells me wat to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement