Can I do anything else? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kitten

I FOUND HER. I went looking and called for her all day and she finally showed up a little while ago. It was over 36 hrs she was gone. Poor thing reeks like dryer sheets, I bet she has a hide near an exhaust.

Ok, now the hard part. She's really scared down in the basement unless I'm sitting with her, then she will explore and nibble at the wet food I put out. If I come upstairs, she sits at the door trying to get out.

What should I do. Just let her figure it out? Shes got her box with the clothes shes been sleeping on, wet food, dry food and water. I kept a light on. :/

I'm happy but I feel really bad because she is scared.

Also, she keeps arching her back when she walks. Babies making a rukus in there I figure?

THanks,
Ed
SeriousD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Since she doesn't like the basement...could you set her up in your bedroom (put her box in the closet, maybe that will make her happy) or a small room like a laundry room. Most queens like a small space to birth in and it could be she finds the basement too big or open. She'll have to be confined to the one room while she has her kittens. Don't let any other cats have access to the room.....she'll fight any who get too near the kittens.

"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
catloverami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Pick a small area and keep her there. I am sure she is aware there are two other cats in the area where she is now and she is probably afraid because she know it is their territory and not hers. Pregnant cats always avoid other toms when they are pregnant or getting ready to queen. She is afraid she is not in a safe place to give birth. Set up a room for her and let her get settled in it; let her claim it and she will settle down. What ever you do, do not let either of your males near her.

She may also turn aggressive after the kittens are born as a way of protecting the babies. You must be prepared to keep her and the kittens in the room you put them for up to two or three months; minimum two months.

Your male that is hissing is more than likely aware she is pregnant and he is hissing to protect his territory and food supply. What he doesn't know is he will not be missing any food just because you have another cat. He is reacting instinctively and you need to reassure him the new cat will not change his food supply, your attention to him or his accustomed lifestyle.

Also: Thank you for rescuing this queen and her kittens. You are a wonderful caring person.
LaurulFeatherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cool Cat

A smaller room is a good way to go if you have one she can use. If not, sit down there with her and read a book or something. Spend a few relaxed hours with her so she can start to relax in that space. She should calm down in a few days.
Venusworld21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement