Cat vs Wall - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default Cat vs Wall

Hi all,
I have a cat who seems determined to rip the wall up. She already had a large portion of it ripped up and we recently got it replastered and fixed. Smudge seems to think otherwise and has started ripping it up again. It's safe to say my mother is livid, and I can't seem to get her to stop no matter what I do. I've tried clapping loudly to interrupt, yelling, squirting her with water (effective, but PITA and waste of water). She is not declawed, nor is it an option. She has other things to direct to which she does use, like a large cat tower, and a cardboard scratcher, but she still goes at the wall. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get her to stop before my mother goes insane?
faint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Cat

They make caps for cat nails. They're little pieces of plastic or silicone or something that slips over the nail and blunts it. Doesn't harm the cat at all.

They also have sprays available at most pet stores that are "cat repellents." You could try putting some of that around the area where she's clawing.
Venusworld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I don't think there's a way I'd be able to hold her down long enough to put caps on without getting maimed. I've seen them before but I'd have to take her to a groomer or vet to get them put on, I'd rather a more permanent kind of thing so she won't do it to any walls.
Do certain sprays work better than others? I know of bitter apple but I don't think that would work since she just claws it, not lick it. Or is it just trial and error until we find something she doesn't like?
Thanks
faint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I have a cat scratcher, too. She only does it when she feels stressed. She hasn't done it in quite a while. Try Ssscat spray. That is the only thing I can see working for this type of issue.

dweamgoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement