Do your cats greet you when you get home? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I only remember 2 or 3 times in 11 years when Margaux hasn't been at the door to greet me. Once was last week, which let me know she really wasn't feeling well. And once or twice I accidentally locked her in the bedroom.

Celia used to come out about half the time. If she was in full nap mode, she couldn't be bothered. In the past year or two though, she's almost always at the door.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 02:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

when my wife comes home, one of my three cats always greet her and it doesn't matter if the kitty is upstairs or in the basement, the kitty will leg it over to greet her.. it is a very good feeling. The other two kitties on occasion will greet us as well when we come home. One always wants to eat so I think that is her angle for greeting us - it is more like "what took you so long to get home?! I want to eat" that sort of greeting. While the other one is genuinely affectionate when she greets us, very very wonderful feeling indeed. My kitties also know play time because I always play with them in the living room while watching the 10 pm news. Before I get there sometimes, all three of them would be waiting in the room for me.. and they seem to know it is their time to play. If I don't show up, one of them would actually come around to look for me and I know her message, "get out and play!"...I comply. Funny thing is I got the second and third one so they can play with each other, but it seems like they prefer that I play with them...go figure.

Last edited by mimi3908; 12-22-2012 at 02:12 AM.
mimi3908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

hehe my 11 week old kitty named Fritzy. Always greets me and my bf when we come home. She would hide until we get home and then she comes out and greets us with a meow and rubs against our legs and feet playing with our shoe laces when we take our shoes off. She even purrs. i pick her up and give her kissys. ^o^
hatchet2105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel View Post
Psssh... Blacky isn't even in the house half the time, and when she is, it's on her terms. She's extremely independent. She'll call up the stairs to make sure I'm in my room; she doesn't want to make the trip upstairs for nothing.

Blaze always greets us, he'd be a little shadow if he wouldn't spray and thus, need to be confined.
Is she stubborn or what?
JustOneMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Cat

In my case, Midnight, the wild cat, greets ME when HE gets home! If I happen to be outside when he is coming up the driveway from a 3 or 4 hour excursion into the wilderness, he gives me a "Meow" or two as he passes by and heads for his food dish in the garage.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I love that picutre GoldTanker. What a cat!

My landlord adopted my first rescue. He made Max aka Bubba an indoor outdoor cat. So Max would go between our houses. My landlord said about 15 minutes before I came home Max would demand to be let out and go over and wait for me. I had an erratic schedule. It was uncanny how hed know when I was heading home!

And yes my cats come to the door to greet me every time I come home!

~Merry~

With my eyes, they will be seen...With my voice, they will be heard....
With my hands, they will know comfort...With my action, they will be free...
~TNR and Rescue changes lives of animals.~

When the angels are busy God sends rescuers
Mitts & Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anie View Post
well now I am jealous!!
Cal and I have had a very special bond since the day I brought him home. I found him dehydrated and malnourished in some bushes a couple blocks away from my apartment, and when I bent down to pet him, he practically jumped into my arms after I gave him a few scratches behind the ears. He'd been abused and abandoned, and he's treated me like his saviour since the moment we met. He's a very special (and unusual) kitty.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah, my cat does this, but usually only when I get home from work, or have otherwise been gone for a long while. In fact, usually when I get home from work, she's waiting in my bedroom window for me to drive up to my house in my car. Then she runs downstairs to greet me at the door.

If I come home early or have only been gone a few hours or something, she usually doesn't greet me. But sometimes she still does.
Kitty-The-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawramik View Post
Cal and I have had a very special bond since the day I brought him home. I found him dehydrated and malnourished in some bushes a couple blocks away from my apartment, and when I bent down to pet him, he practically jumped into my arms after I gave him a few scratches behind the ears. He'd been abused and abandoned, and he's treated me like his saviour since the moment we met. He's a very special (and unusual) kitty.
What a lovely story.. You are a saint. What a sweet guy you have too.

~Merry~

With my eyes, they will be seen...With my voice, they will be heard....
With my hands, they will know comfort...With my action, they will be free...
~TNR and Rescue changes lives of animals.~

When the angels are busy God sends rescuers
Mitts & Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Joy used to hide behind the couch but now she even knows the sounds of our cars and waits infront of the door for our arrival!
Ragdoll_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement