Do your cats greet you when you get home? - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 05:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Cat

Luna, my 11 week old kitten, has a habit of waiting by the door for me when she hears me coming up the stairs - unless she was sleeping.
LunaTheHimmydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gatos View Post
Yes, but it's because it's dinner time
Yup. With my ladies too.
11201ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cat

my cat does! he starts meowing at me as soon as I walk inside. then he keeps talking until i finally sit down and he can sit on my lap and purr haha. He does the same to my boyfriend, too. it's a nice thing to come home to after work :3
Old 12-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I came home from a long vacation a few years back, and the first thing I did was check on where my 2 cats were. They were in the garage eating. I said to them "how are my cuddlebugs doing?" and they both looked at me, and I let them in the house, and I had both purring in my ear, and one greeted me with a lot of loud happy chirps. They both had to sleep with me that night. I felt happy knowing that they missed me!
ndiniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Kitten

Usually Simba wont even bat an eyelid when we get home from work. We went away for 6 days and when we got back we went nutty! And when we tried to go to sleep he was just walking all over our faces and purring like mad it was very sweet
Shady Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Yes our cats know the sound of the garage door opening and our cars pulling in. They are generally greet us at the door or in the living room it's a nice way to get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
Kitten

Yes
xLacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Cat

Mine both greet me all the time....all my cats always have. My boy is wildly enthusiastic....my girl waits until he has had his wild antics and connects then.

It's funny, she is extraordinarily affectionate, even more so than he, but has always taken time to warm up.
dlowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #29 (permalink)
Kit
Jr. Cat

My kitties always greet me and my fiance when we get home! They aren't allowed in the bedroom, so even when we get up in the morning, we have to account 5 minutes to just sit on the floor and let them show how much they missed us! They are 6 months old, so I don't know if this is something they'll grow out of. I hope not, especially since we make a big deal out of it to them - showing them we missed them too.

One of them is especially affectionate... if she's been sleeping for awhile and wakes up she immediately wants some attention. If we're in the kitchen, or busy doing something, she meows constantly and will come up and put her paws up our leg, indicating she wants to be picked up. Similar to what a small dog would do when they jump up on you. It's so adorable!!! I hope she never grows out of that.
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
Nan
Cool Cat

There is a long narrow window right next to my front door. Sometimes one of them (usually Harli) is looking out that window when I pull up in the car. I go in through the garage and Harli runs to the door to greet me. Lily is usually in the living room or on the stairs. Often she will run over to me then go scratch on the stairs.