Do your cats greet you when you get home? - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
Tom Cat

He's always waiting for me when I open the door. The one time he wasn't there, I got scared and went looking for him - it turned out I had accidentally shut him in the bathroom before leaving the house. He let out a very angry meow and then sat near his food dish. He was clearly seeking restitution. A few treats seemed to do the trick though and we were friends again.

Usually he flops on his belly right in front of my feet - especially if I'm carrying lots of bags and can't possibly see him.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
rightsaidfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #32 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Always! I love it. Makes me smile every time! Even if I've had a really sucky, trying day, they make me feel so much better. Biscuit, the kitten I'm closest to at this point, will roll over nto her back when I come inside. My two others will walk up to me with "Hello" tails, lick me, but they don't rub themselves against me.
Tokkaebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:16 AM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default Do your cats greet you when you get home?

All of mine do, too. They will follow me into the kitchen and hop on the counter and bug me till I pay attention to them. When I finally sit down I've got 7 cats all over me. And a chihuahua. Ha.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

mumof7kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #34 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

My cats are always right inside when I get home, looking for pets or chirping away and rolling on the ground. If I am gone all day though they tend to act aloof as if I did something terrible, but after a few hours they forget and want attention again.
sara_michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Both my cats meow hello every time they see me and most of the time come over to get a pet. They both want to be in my lap at TV time at night so last night on the sofa was my small dog, and two cats sharing my spread out leg and lap. The mama picks up a toy and does her, "I caught something howl" and brings it to me at least once a day.
cat owner again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

The youngest of the two will come out to greet us (unless he's sleeping) but the the older won't budge.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #37 (permalink)
Cat

Default Do your cats greet you when you get home?

Lenny is sometimes too excited for me to be home! I hear him meowing as I come upstairs to our flat and by the time he knows its me I'm at the kitchen and he runs up to me and meows loudly and constantly until I give him cuddles! He even joys in when I do his tray... Although I don't find him sitting on me that helpful he does it anyway! And ill put his food down to distract him so I can get some stuff done then as soon as he hears me sit down he will trot in and jump on my lap for more cuddles!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
dannijaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #38 (permalink)
Kitten

Yes My Nikki does all the time!! She comes running to the front door and meows at me then falls to the floor for a belly rub...lol Of course she knows she will be fed afterwards too
Kitty-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
Cat

They both wait by the door, then dart away half a sleep before realizing its me!
catm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement