My cats are in hiding - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyle View Post
Builder: Tough living in SoCal, eh?

Living in/near Detroit has effectively discouraged visits from family on both sides. Detroit apparently not being on the short list of destinations for people from Kansas or Minnesota.

Or, it could just be me
LOL, for years I’ve been telling the wife that someday when I retire, I’m going to move up into the mountains and become a mountain man and she always says “yeah right”. Now she’s agreeing with me.
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Hubby and I live 3 hours away from my son and his family. Since my granddaughter was born in May they won't come to visit because dil is slightly allergic to cats, and truly doesn't like them. On top of all that she doesn't like my lack of cleaning skills. The good part of all that is WE go to visit them. They also have a small place so no room for us to stay over so our visits last about 3-4 hours. Enough time to give lots of love to my grandbaby, and spend time with their parents, then we pick our selves up and leave.

Having my step daughter in Ecuador this holiday season has cut down on worrying about visiting her house.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cool Cat

This is one if the reasons I don't like the holidays much. Luckily we don't really have many people over for the holidays , just my parents today. Though I did trip over the filling cabinet my parents got us as a gift which sent the cats into hiding for a half hour-my bad though lol. Next year my family wants to do Xmas at our house because the sister who usually has it is 2 hours away and it's a pain. The issue is there are 4 hyper kids in the family... Two of which are terrified of dogs and we have a High energy large breed dog. The two seen her as a little puppy and they jumped on my moms counter and screamed bloody murder until I left. :s they want us to lock her in our spare bedroom for 5 hours. I'll obviously have to take her potty but the two kids will scream if they see her. The other two kids are fine and they all love cats... Though the two the have cats chase theirs me my sister is constantly yelling at them for it. I think I'm going to stop with Xmas all together. It's not fair that I have to lock my dog away all night because two of the kids are scared. My sister never exposed them to animals and told them big dogs attack. Sigh. Glad the holidays are over.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tom Cat

It’s funny because before the family Christmas get-together, I was out in the neighborhood trying to get people to come in and see the trains. Every time I saw someone walking a small child or pushing them in a stroller I was out inviting them in. Some of them were a little leery of me so I had to send my wife out to convince them that it was Ok and to come on in. LOL

The difference was that it was usually only for a short time and then they were gone.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cat

I am very lucky in my new house.....I have a big bedroom with an ensuite, which is where the litter trays are. I can put the cats in there and open the French doors to the verandah, but leave the screen doors shut, so that they are away from the party but can still watch birds and interact through the screen doors as much as they want.

There is a guest bathroom and Loo....yay!
dlowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cat

I shut my kitten in her safe room with all her necessities during two such occasions. My three year old cousin still wanted to see her though. He loves kittens and lost his kitten to some fluke heart failure earlier this year. "Where is your little kitty?" He kept asking me. So we went in to see Luna on the condition that he be gentle. He was.... At first. Then he leaves the room and comes back revving his toy chainsaw. Poor Luna jumped out of my hands and hid under the bed.
LunaTheHimmydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHimmydoll View Post
My three year old cousin...loves kittens and lost his kitten to some fluke heart failure earlier this year...Then he leaves the room and comes back revving his toy chainsaw.
Anyone see the correlation here?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHimmydoll View Post
Then he leaves the room and comes back revving his toy chainsaw. Poor Luna jumped out of my hands and hid under the bed.
I don’t know whether to laugh or gasp in horror
Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Hahaha gasp in horror ^^^ poor kitty

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement