Something's wrong with my Robin - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Default Something's wrong with my Robin

He's hyper,aggressive, and getting a bit of a temper. At first I kinda blew it off-catten,he's almost 2 ,just being playful-

But he's NOT just being playful. He's been attacking other cats. He's been biting and clawing me-unprovoked. He's-EDGY is the best I can describe it. I mentioned it to the vet,but she said 'Oh,he's just being a kitten!'
bluemilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Are there any other changes? Is he eating and drinking the same? Has his general condition altered in any way? Has anything happened that could have triggered a behaviour change?
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

He's eating the same-VERY healthy appetite lol! Nothing major's really happened. A few weeks ago someone's young daughter kept yelling,chasing him around,trying to pick him up,I NICELY told her he's just not used to that sort of thing. He WAS a bit shook up...
Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kit
Jr. Cat

Maybe you should take him to the vet? Even if the vet is saying he's probably fine, it wouldn't hurt to give him a checkup? (If you can afford it, that is). If he comes back with a clean bill of health, then maybe he is just being a kitten. But if something is wrong health-wise, it's better to catch it early.
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Since youve taken him to the vet and was blown off and not taken seriously, then Id take matters into your own hands. Id do things to calm him down. I would start Feliway plug in dispensers around the house. Id also give him Composure Liquid twice a day to see if that would calm him.

~Merry~

With my eyes, they will be seen...With my voice, they will be heard....
With my hands, they will know comfort...With my action, they will be free...
~TNR and Rescue changes lives of animals.~

When the angels are busy God sends rescuers
Mitts & Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Is he neutered?

He could also be bored? Try playing with a wand toy, or laser light with him to get some extra energy out. Toys that don't necessarily put claws right near your hands. My cats act like bigger snots when they've got pent up energy.
Venusworld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Winston was acting up a while back. I was sure he was hurt because he was aggressive when I picked him up. He would growl and hiss, I thought he was in pain. Took him to the vet twice. Second time a different vet asked me if there were unneutered cats around. In fact, Franky, a stray had been hanging around. The vet said Winston was probably reacting to Franky's pheromones, plus Winston's age was part of the problem (he is 18 months). I got him some natural calming treats, and let him be. Two months later he is calmer and is letting me pick him up again. Have not had a chance to take Franky to the vet to get neutered yet, he is too smart to get in the trap but still working on it. Hopefully, your cat is just going through a phase. The kid may have shook him up, but the Feliway and/Or a natural calming treat, and some play time may help a lot.
Jetlaya67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premier Cat

The laser light,and some catnip did the trick!

Also...

I think that as much as he likes to socialize,going out can be unnerving to a cat. And...I don't think he needs to play with the neighbor cats EVERY DAY.

He loves to go out,he actually runs INTO his carrier when I grab my coat. And I do take him places,he's a regular cat-about-town. But maybe too much stimuli isn't good for him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement