How often do you play with your cat? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Cat

I play with Moxie everyday. When she was younger she used to want an hour or more of intense play time every day! If I was around I'd play with her for short bursts during the day, and then set aside an hour for a good long play session before bed. These days though she only needs 15 - 30 minutes per day. Sometimes that's a relief, and sometimes I actually miss our long play sessions!

Sassy has a lot more energy these days, and she usually plays a little every day although she usually prefers to play on her own (she always has). I can entice her to play with me a couple times a week for maybe 5 - 10 minutes at a time.

Sometimes the two of them play chase games but Sassy is always the one who chases, and Moxie is always the one who gets chased. But Moxie definitely instigates all these games so I don't usually intervene. They probably play chase for 10 minutes a couple times a week.

I forgot to add that they both go out on harnesses in the backyard during the warmer months for about an hour in the mornings (I sit out with them and have my coffee). So that hour of playtime with Moxie happened AFTER an hour of her exploring outside everyday. She had crazy energy as a young one.

Last edited by catinthemirror; 01-03-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Cat Addict

I will know its play time when ET leads me to his room. Its once a day, for a min 30mins. He can go on playing for upto 1hr, but I usually restrict to 30mins. Right now, he is just interested in DaBird, not too keen in playing by himself. He just wants me involved in all play whether its DaBird or Peek-A-Prize. I'm still trying to look for a toy that moves, so I can just sit around watching.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Cat

I try to play with them everyday until they are tired of playing. They end the game by walking off.LOL.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Jr. Cat

A few times a day. In the mornings I will usually throw those foam soccer balls up and down the hallway for them, which is kind of fun. Then they have a lot of things on sticks that I try to play with them at least a couple of times a day. And I'll get them started with the ball in track toy too. They play together as well, but when they get bored they will come "ask me" to entertain them too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page