How often do you play with your cat? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cat

I play with Moxie everyday. When she was younger she used to want an hour or more of intense play time every day! If I was around I'd play with her for short bursts during the day, and then set aside an hour for a good long play session before bed. These days though she only needs 15 - 30 minutes per day. Sometimes that's a relief, and sometimes I actually miss our long play sessions!

Sassy has a lot more energy these days, and she usually plays a little every day although she usually prefers to play on her own (she always has). I can entice her to play with me a couple times a week for maybe 5 - 10 minutes at a time.

Sometimes the two of them play chase games but Sassy is always the one who chases, and Moxie is always the one who gets chased. But Moxie definitely instigates all these games so I don't usually intervene. They probably play chase for 10 minutes a couple times a week.

I forgot to add that they both go out on harnesses in the backyard during the warmer months for about an hour in the mornings (I sit out with them and have my coffee). So that hour of playtime with Moxie happened AFTER an hour of her exploring outside everyday. She had crazy energy as a young one.

Last edited by catinthemirror; 01-03-2013 at 03:20 PM.
catinthemirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I will know its play time when ET leads me to his room. Its once a day, for a min 30mins. He can go on playing for upto 1hr, but I usually restrict to 30mins. Right now, he is just interested in DaBird, not too keen in playing by himself. He just wants me involved in all play whether its DaBird or Peek-A-Prize. I'm still trying to look for a toy that moves, so I can just sit around watching.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

We play with our two boys every day. They are just like little kids

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Firelove89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cat

I try to play with them everyday until they are tired of playing. They end the game by walking off.LOL.
gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

A few times a day. In the mornings I will usually throw those foam soccer balls up and down the hallway for them, which is kind of fun. Then they have a lot of things on sticks that I try to play with them at least a couple of times a day. And I'll get them started with the ball in track toy too. They play together as well, but when they get bored they will come "ask me" to entertain them too.
kaikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement