Hyperactive - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default Hyperactive

Dolly is still so small and needs to sleep quite a lot threw the day as she tires easily but as soon as I want to go to bed she starts running aroung hyperactive and wants to play with the dogs and our older cat. Because of her size and hypo she sleeps in a crate on the bed next to me with a teddy and hot water bottle for company and I cover the crate she settles straight away and goes to sleep its catching her that's the problem. Im worried to leave her to her own devices she is a curious 5month old kitten who wants to scale the window sills and climbe all over the sofa but with her being extra small its a long way for her to fall she would for sure injure herself. I think that she thinls she is part human part dog and part cat and wants to play with everyone and sleep with everyone but only when it suits her.

Last edited by marie73; 01-03-2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: fixed title
dollysmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat Addict

She is just being a kitten. Maybe you can lure her into her crate with an extra yummy treat.
Jetlaya67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

It took nearly 20 mins but managed to get her to walk in on her own the more I chase her the more she wants to play and she won't come to her name so I have been sat on the bed meowing and she eventually came running.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Train her to come when you call her. I trained mine by calling out their names before feeding them and by using tuna for treats. She will get it eventually.
Jetlaya67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

She was practicaly deaf because her ears were clogged up with discharge and gunk she has had a severe case off ear mites so I don't think that helped with her learning her name. (due to the conditions she was born in). Her stomache is so small she is fed every 2 housr still she eats out of a hamster dish I can't really give her treats every time and I fouind when I do she is very friendly and purrs but then goes a bit mad biting and clawing my fingers. Unfortunatley there could be a deeper problem bevcause of her size so at the moment we are still taking every day as it comes. Dolly is my baby and so georgus but she can also be very naughty but I love her to pieces everyday she makes me smile. Dolly is back at the vets on monday to be weighed and have her ears checked so I will see if the vet has any ideas as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement