Very vocal kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cat

Default Very vocal kitten

Luna, my 3 month old Himalayan/ Ragdoll cross is very vocal. It's almost like she is talking to me. Every day I come home from work, she runs to me crying. If I say to her, "Hi Luna", she will cry. If she has to go to the bathroom and runs to the litter box, she whines. Just now she whined as she was looking to jump down from my chair. Most times when I pick her up, she will cry. But then she will come to me crying and brush up against my legs as if she wants me to pick her up. Just now again she cried while walking around the living room floor. She has been to the vet twice and is healthy. Is this normal and does anyone else have a cat like this?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat

My 14 week old Oscar talks a lot. Some days.more than others. When he wants.fed, cuddled, played with. When he runs around, jumps up and uses his toilet. I think its normal
Pushkabounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Our boy Jacob is very vocal like this as well. Whenever he jumps up to or down from something he gives that little chirp grunt, whenever I come home he is meowing, if he wants attention he meows, and if he' very happy with the way I'm petting him and snuggling him he lets off little grunts and chirps. Not too mention he sounds like a motorboat.

I think how much cats talk just depends on the personality, sounds like you have a lovely little girl!
Jakiepoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Cat

My sister's cat is very vocal. Moosey is vocal as well, but not nearly as bad as my sister's cat, Stiles.

Stiles meows ALL THE TIME. So much so that is is now an indoor/outdoor cat.

Moosey meows if we are in the other room and she can't find us or when she wants food, or sometimes just to meow. She trills a lot, too.

I read somewhere that cats who are talked to more will meow more. Cat usually only meow for humans. Other sounds are reserved for other felines..
Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Depends on the personality definitely. My Thor keeps up running conversations with me. Like so:
Me: Hi Thor!
Thor: Meow!
Me: How are you?
Thor: Meow meow!
Me: What a handsome boy you are!
Thor: Meow!
Me: Want some treats?
Thor: Meow meow meeoooowww!!

Whenever I say something, he usually says something back. On the other hand, my girl Luna is extremely silent. She only ever meows in greeting when I come out to pet her, or meows occasionally when I'm scooping food. And If I somehow surprise her by coming up behind her, she meows at me, like she's saying "Oh, didn't see you there!" Not sure why cats vocalize to their owners, and even seem to understand what we're saying sometimes. My cats can tell when I'm asking them if they want food, when I'm sad, when I'm cheerful, and even when I plan on brushing them or giving them medication, then they make a run for it, lol.
Kyla Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement