Do you have experience with Oriental Shorthairs or Siamese cats? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Do you have experience with Oriental Shorthairs or Siamese cats?

Hi. I'm looking into getting an Oriental Shorthair.

I think my last cat Felix might have been part Oriental, and he was such an amazing cat, and so beautiful. I'll post pictures in another post. about eight months ago, i lost him and my other cat, Salim. I still miss them so much, and plan to get a tattoo for them. I feel like i'm ready to get another kitten, and an Oriental seems perfect for me. I would adopt from a shelter or animal rescue, but you have to be 21. I'm 17.

Can anyone tell me what you think i should know, that i may not find through searching online? I've been talking to a few breeders, what should i look for in someone to know they raise happy, healthy kittens?
AidenWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Welcome, and sorry to hear you lost your cat.

For what you should look for in a good breeder, go to the "Breeding" section and read the "sticky" A good breeder

Good luck, and when you do find your purrfect kitty/cat do consider having it micro-chipped rather than tatooed. Tatoos can fade, and some aren't very easily read.

"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
catloverami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Thank you I meant a tattoo for me, something about/for them. I plan to get my kitten micro-chipped.

Last edited by marie73; 01-17-2013 at 04:24 PM.
AidenWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I have two Balinese cats> Balis are somewhat related to Oriental shorthairs and have a very similar body shape and coat to Oriental long hairs. The breeder from which I got my cats also breeds Orientals. Orientals personality is very similar to Balinese.

The are very people centric cats. Mine greet me at the door in the evening and like to be involved in most of my activities, including tying my shoes they are chatty, but not as chatty ans siamese. They are active and curious but love to curl up on my lap to watch TV and under my arm when it's time for bed.

They are amazing animals

Kyle
Advertisement