Funny behaviour - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default Funny behaviour

This is more of a HaHa thing then concerning, but sometimes my cats do things that make me shake my head. For instance this past weekend we slept in, then when I wake up I ususally scoop litter boxes and do a few other things before I feed the animals. Well when I was done I noticed something funny. Anna took her realistic looking mouse and dropped it next to the water dish where the food dish usually is. I guess she was telling me to hurry up and feed her

The next is Sasha. She loves moving water and use to drink from the leaky tap at the old apartment. Since moving we haven't had that issue so she hasn't done it until the other day I noticed her on the bathroom counter before bed... and the picture after that I never seen a cat do before. She did that for the first time last night!

3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Cats have interesting ways they think up for communication. The mouse by the bowl is a good one.

I had a problem getting Missy to drink out of a small bowl so I use a large one I had. I did measure it one time at, I think, eight inches in diameter, No problems with it. Zenobi loved the dripping tap, but she'd been an abused animal and always stopped drinking if I watched her so I never got the desired picture.

Last edited by jusjim; 01-31-2013 at 12:16 PM.
jusjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Funny! My Murphy leaves his toy mice on top of and around his food all the time. It's a constant fixture. My best analysis is that he's using them to cover his food, just in case any evil cat-food-eating predators come around.

Holly and Murphy
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Haha. Look at Sasha! She must be watching too much TV! She sees the dogs doing it, why not the cat!

The mouse thing is cute. "Hey, this isn't food, FEED ME!"
Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrawritsjordi View Post
Haha. Look at Sasha! She must be watching too much TV! She sees the dogs doing it, why not the cat!

The mouse thing is cute. "Hey, this isn't food, FEED ME!"
Haha I know... and my dog doesn't even do that! There are two big bowls of water on the main floor but none upstairs(I had one up there before but no one used it). Anna did the mouse thing this morning when my bf was getting ready for work, it is so funny. She also never really plays with that because it's so huge, the only time she brings it up(that toy is always in the basement) is to hint about feeding her. She looks rediculous carrying that thing because it's the size of a real mouse. Haha
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Haha. Cats are crazy. I have a little bowl of water in the bathroom and Ziggy will go from the water fountain to the bowl of water in the bathroom and back to the fountain. Moosey prefers the bowl, but will drink out of the fountain, but she mostly just tries to tear the top off of the fountain to get the little gurgling man inside.

They haven't decided if they like the faucet yet. If they are on the counter I will turn it on and they usually just look at it.

I am sure that is a sight! We have a bigger sized mouse toy that Ziggy would carry around in her mouth when we first got her and she was a 4m/o kitten. I wish I would have been able to get a picture. She looked hilarious!

Last edited by marie73; 01-31-2013 at 03:51 PM.
grrawritsjordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement