Cat Forum banner

Kitty Butt on my Keyboard

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Straysmommy 
#1 ·
My cats love to sit on my laptop keyboard. They love to lay on my Kindle Fire HD. They love to be "in the way."

Why? lol

#3 ·
Exactly. How dare you pay so much attention to that inanimate object when you have a soft warm kitty that needs urgent attention! Lol, I can't read the paper without a cat showing up to plant their butt right in the middle of the article I'm reading. My cats also love to sit on, lie on, walk on, or otherwise interfere with my laptop keyboard. I'm convinced that some cats aspire to be writers, sadly Mavis Beacon has yet to release a 'learn to type' program for cats. Dante once bought a song on itunes with his butt.

#4 ·
Yeah, I banned the computer chair, so Niki sleeps on the keyboard :(

Just before, she saw the picture in the post above while I was admiring it, took a glance at "her" keyboard and jumped on it for a nap.

#8 ·
It's the same way with my cats. Can someone explain how they got the rep of aloof and independent???

#11 ·
XD! Oh my goodness, you guys, those pictures are adorable and awesome. lol

It's actually the same way if I set clothes out to change into: one, if not all, of the kitties will need to lay on them. Just because they're there.
I do a lot of my homework on my bed, too, I lay out my papers and my texts, and lo and behold, a long comes a little kitty and flops down in the middle of everything. I had one hand playing with a feather wand with them, while my other hand wrote down study guide answers. LOL

#13 ·
Pipin likes my lap while im on the PC but so far hasnt claimed the laptop. He, discovered that the hard edged corners of the desk make a great head scratcher as he'll jus keep rubbin it. I would imagine there must be cathair all over you ppls laptops lol. Even on good catfood the little guy still sheds.

#16 ·
I would imagine there must be cathair all over you ppls laptops lol.
Now that you mention it, I got a request from our IT Manager at work to vacuum clean the keyboard because it's full of cat hair and may be the cause of the USB sockets malfunctioning lately. I felt a bit mortified and a bit proud. :)

#15 ·
Moosey really doesn't care, but ZiggleBean is a little brat. If I am on the computer, she is usually on it as well. As I type, she is laying right next to my laptop sleeping, this is after I had to move my laptop to the side since she was laying on it. I do think it has a lot to do with the warmth, but also about attention. Ziggy will sit right in the middle of the TV, but to be fair, we use the Wii quite a bit for Netflix and Hulu, so she likes to play with the cursor and paws at the TV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.