My cat peed on my bed.... - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma2436 View Post
Crystals? What is that?
Crystals are mineral stones that form in a cat's lower urinary tract when the cat is not taking in enough water and/or has an incorrect urinary pH and/or is genetically predisposed.

They are more common in males but possible in females. The crystals can sometimes be associated with urinary tract infections (the crystals irritate the urethra, which can let in bacteria that causes the infection) but can also be found without any UTI involvement.

If left untreated, the urethra can block completely, which is fatal without medical intervention.

Often the first sign is a change in litterbox habits or going outside the box, because urination is painful for the cat.

Quote:
We went on holiday last year and the room we rented had an open window.. When se came back from a walk there was pee onthe bed. I can only assume a local cat had decided to literally 'peess us off'!

Is there really some 'sense' in this explanation?
It could be a health problem, or it could be behavioural/territorial marking. Without knowing which cat was responsible, it's impossible to know.

The Boys: Maisie (age 9, adopted 2007,) Zephyr (age 8, adopted 2006,)
Bentley
(age 3, adopted 2013,) and foster kitty Cullen
Blakeney Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default My cat peed on my bed....

KC had surgery to widen his urethra 12 years ago due to blocked bladder issues. He unfortunately also has diabetes & skin allergies. So that is why I am leaning toward him more to have peed on my bed.

I have been watching him & he still hasn't gone peed in the litterbox yet. He is not crying in pain or acting differently. He is miserable from his skin allergies though because he has scratched his neck raw again & is bleeding.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 02-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I have a dog that surfs for treats as well so I have hooded litterboxes that I strategically place so the cats can get inside them but it is too difficult for my dog.
As far as natures miracle goes, they make a oxy one that has this wonderful citrus smell and comes in an orange bottle and I absolutely love it. When my baby was a kitten we had a few accidents. He had been going back to the same two spots in my dining room without me realizing it until I caught him one day. I used this oxy natures miracle and the room just smelled fresh and new. And every time I would walk past those two spots it would smell like a breath of fresh air for weeks after I treated the spot.
It's an oxy formula meant just for cats. I will never be without it.

As a side note: sounds like your baby is miserable and I hope he gets to feeling better. Ive heard it's not good especially for a male cat to be blocked for long periods of time so If it were me I would have him checked as soon as possible.
They make mattress covers that are suppose to be leak proof so I would check into that just for future peace of mind. Wishing you the best of luck.
Luvmyfurbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #34 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Thanks everyone! KC finally peed in his box. I think that I will still take him to the vet. I am going to take him to the vet that I take my other pets too. They are alot closer to me than his current vet. Plus, I want to get a second opinion on his allergies and diabetes.
soccergrl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:10 AM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default My cat peed on my bed....

Did you take him in? What was the prognosis?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

mumof7kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement