What about a ride in a stroller? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottd View Post
Regardless of the type, consider getting one with a top and side entry.
Oh man, yeah, this!

I didn't think about that when I bought my first carrier (I have two, so I can have both cats in carriers at the same time) and it only opens via the door. I absolutely cannot get Maisie into it. Fortunately my other one opens at the top, so I use that one for Maisie and the older one for Zephyr, who usually goes in voluntarily because his curiosity gets the better of him.

Next time I'm in the market for a carrier, I would gladly spend more money to get one that opened at the top, because it's so much more useful!

I've always had hard-sided carriers. I'm interested in the soft ones, but I'd like to try one out to see how I like it before I commit to it. Maybe when one of my current carriers wears out I'll take the plunge.

The Boys: Maisie (age 9, adopted 2007,) Zephyr (age 7, adopted 2006,)
and Bentley (age 3, adopted 2013)
Blakeney Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyglitter View Post
That is GREAT! The one I was thinking of was the 3-1 red stroller. If you click on your link and scholl down you will see it. Does that one look ok? I wanted to one cause I don't have a pet carrier and that doubles as one. Isn't that a great idea? I am so excited.....meanwhile I didn't find a cat yet
Actually this one looks like its open in the top with just a separate canopy for shade; for a dog....a cat would jump out of that. You should get one that zips the cat in completely with the nylon mesh windows to look out. You certainly want one that the cat is secure in and can't get out. Good luck in finding a cat friend.

"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
catloverami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeney Green View Post
Oh man, yeah, this!

I didn't think about that when I bought my first carrier (I have two, so I can have both cats in carriers at the same time) and it only opens via the door. I absolutely cannot get Maisie into it. Fortunately my other one opens at the top, so I use that one for Maisie and the older one for Zephyr, who usually goes in voluntarily because his curiosity gets the better of him.

Next time I'm in the market for a carrier, I would gladly spend more money to get one that opened at the top, because it's so much more useful!

I've always had hard-sided carriers. I'm interested in the soft ones, but I'd like to try one out to see how I like it before I commit to it. Maybe when one of my current carriers wears out I'll take the plunge.
Maybe try this w/the one cat. I watch all the animal shows and once they were trying to catch all the feral cats and put them in the hard carrier with the gate in front....what they did was turn the carrier on the side (in other words, the gate was on the top and they dropped the cat in the carrier closed the gate and that was it....Do you think that would help you?
kittyglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyglitter View Post
Maybe try this w/the one cat. I watch all the animal shows and once they were trying to catch all the feral cats and put them in the hard carrier with the gate in front....what they did was turn the carrier on the side (in other words, the gate was on the top and they dropped the cat in the carrier closed the gate and that was it....Do you think that would help you?
I've actually tried that, the problem is he wedges his legs in the opening. I could force him in, but I'm not positive I could do it without hurting him. It would be worth the risk if there was an emergency (house burning down, etc.) but not so much when I can just put him in the other carrier.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, though - it's a good one that may work for someone else who is reading this.

The Boys: Maisie (age 9, adopted 2007,) Zephyr (age 7, adopted 2006,)
and Bentley (age 3, adopted 2013)
Blakeney Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cat

I've looked around for strollers to fit BIG and multiple cats. Finally, found this pet jogger. We take our 2 Mainers out in this with harness and leash on. It also folds up easily for storage or travel.
Attached Thumbnails
What about a ride in a stroller?-jogger-front.jpg  
LilyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Lily, that is perfect. Just what I was looking for, one that will work for jogging when I get there. What brand is this one?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cat

Hi! I purchased the pet jogger at Aosom.com,the source for all your Outdoor,Home Office,Fitness,Party Tent and Pet Supply needs. (pronounced awe-some). They have 3 colors to choose from and free shipping in the USA. It's about $160. They have promo codes from time to time. Well worth the money. Just make sure it's the one for pets and not for human babies cuz they've got both.

It also converts to a trailer for a bike so if you ride a bike, you can take your kitties along.
LilyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement