Why does my cat do this? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Why does my cat do this?

She nibbles and licks my fingers when I pet her, especially her head. And whenever she comes up to me she forces me to pet her head (I use my iPad as a main computer, she will wrap herself around it and rub her head against my hands) but when I pet her, her ears go like airplane wings. Sometimes she.ll also abruptly stand up.

Also, she only likes to be pet/touched/held when she wants. Does she love me? She comes to bed with me, but usually sleeps on the foot of my bed, or in my computer chair. She follows me around to the kitchen& during my morning routine for school. The only time she really likes my affection is when I'm on the computer. Does she love me?
Lexajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Yes, she loves you.

Every cat has different ways of showing it. Cleo doesn't like to be held, touched (except on her face), picked up, etc. But at night, she has to knead my arm for a while, then she curls up next to me on my pillow.

Some cats only like certain parts of their face/head petted or scratched. Try scratching her little cheeks and see if she does the airplane-ears thing.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg
marie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Many cats are very picky about how and when they are petted/held. This is my first cat that doesn't mind being pet all over his body (our other two girls tried to bite you if you pet their back and they were in a bad mood) but he still prefers the head. Cats seem to like being scratched under the chin, on the cheeks, and the top of the head because this is where their scent glands are in it helps to rub their scent on you, plus it feels nice!

And yes, sounds like she loves you if she is following you around and such. Cats don't go all out with their affection likes dogs, you can have a cat who loves you just as much as a dog, but just doesn't show it outwardly the same way! Cats are more, "I love you, but you have to understand I'M the boss!"
Jakiepoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement